Travel from nearby cities? Options?
Posted by heychadwick

Hi, 

I'm planning on renting a car for the drive from NC.  My wife suddenly thinks it would be better to fly using our air miles.  There are no flights left we can take to Indy, of course.  She says there are flights to other nearby cities.  Cincinnati is only 90 miles.

Is there any reasonable options to travel from a place like Cincinnati or Louisville, KY to Indy?  There are no trains.  There is Greyhound or Megabus, but I would have to get to them from airport.  Seems like a high hassle and too many things can go wrong.  

I am not expecting anything viable, but am just curious if there is some crazy method someone knows about?  That isn't too expensive.   :)

Posted by squirecam heychadwick

heychadwick wrote:
Hi, 
I'm planning on renting a car for the drive from NC.  My wife suddenly thinks it would be better to fly using our air miles.  There are no flights left we can take to Indy, of course.  She says there are flights to other nearby cities.  Cincinnati is only 90 miles.
Is there any reasonable options to travel from a place like Cincinnati or Louisville, KY to Indy?  There are no trains.  There is Greyhound or Megabus, but I would have to get to them from airport.  Seems like a high hassle and too many things can go wrong.  
I am not expecting anything viable, but am just curious if there is some crazy method someone knows about?  That isn't too expensive.   :)
I flew to Indy once and took a bus to Cincy. It’s not worth it, in either direction.

Either fly to Indy, or drive.

Posted by heychadwick

That's what I was thinking!  

Thanks!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

At this point it’s probably better off driving.  Airfares tend to increase the closer you get to the travel dates, and that could cost you more miles.  Driving costs the same for 2 as for 1.   Also, unless you’re staying downtown, you’ll be Lyft/Ubering to the Con every day if you take a bus to Indy. Gate 10 still has 4 day parking for $17/day.  

Posted by rutherfordr

Can you drive to Atlanta?

Southwest still has a lot of flights from Atlanta to Indianapolis for Gen Con.

Richmond VA is an option, too.

Posted by cmegus

Yep, Atlanta - 1.5 hour direct flight to Indy... $300 or less. Plenty of seats.

G

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.