Oceanaire dress code?
Posted by kiyote

Does anyone know if the Oceanaire has a dress code?

Posted by bigfathairyguy

No, there is no dress code. I have worn shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. Though most people will be dressed nicer.

Posted by traveller

[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/full/4576488448/hFF676314/[/img]

Posted by kiyote

I shall tell them that Traveller told me that pants are optional and why the heck are you throwing me out?!

Posted by fethbone

I hate to say it, but even though overall I would say the folks at the nicer downtown restaurants are non-judgemental (after all, they also have the football and racing fans rolling through in all their gear) I do think dressing even just a little above average does give you a slight edge as far as how they treat you. I will be going to Oceanaire for the first time this year, so we'll see how they do.

Posted by brooks fethbone

fethbone wrote:
I hate to say it, but even though overall I would say the folks at the nicer downtown restaurants are non-judgemental (after all, they also have the football and racing fans rolling through in all their gear) I do think dressing even just a little above average does give you a slight edge as far as how they treat you. I will be going to Oceanaire for the first time this year, so we'll see how they do.

I agree.

Downtown Indianapolis is incredibly welcoming to Gen Con. With that said we can also do our part and when frequenting an upscale restaurant, I personally believe it's not too much to ask to wear long pants and a collared shirt or something similar.

I don't believe it's the quality of service that's at risk, but more of how we present and respect ourselves.  

Posted by bakermouse10133

Local here. There is no dress code, went out for a fancy anniversary dinner at Oceanaire and saw people there in shorts and tshirts, no football games or events going on. 

The staff are really professional they wouldn't treat you any different. 
I will say when I booked the reservation and told them it was our anniversary they printed our name on top of our menu and let us keep it, so that was really cool!

Posted by andrewj.rager brooks

brooks wrote:
fethbone wrote:

I agree.Downtown Indianapolis is incredibly welcoming to Gen Con. With that said we can also do our part and when frequenting an upscale restaurant, I personally believe it's not too much to ask to wear long pants and a collared shirt or something similar.
I don't believe it's the quality of service that's at risk, but more of how we present and respect ourselves.  
I think that is a big point. Present and respect yourselves the way you want people to perceive and respect you.

Posted by scswan

On OpenTable it's listed as Business Casual.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.