Indianapolis Star: "Dozen hotels planned in Indy"
Posted by aldctjoc

"A dozen planned hotels in downtown Indianapolis could add nearly 3,000 rooms for visitors to the city."

https://www.indystar.com/videos/news/local/indianapolis/2019/08/07/dozen-hotels-planned-indy/1930313001/

Link is to a video naming multiple planned hotels on a map of Indianapolis, some opening in time for next year's Gen Con, some not, others as far out as 2021, and a few without opening dates. Some unfortunately are not close to the ICC; they're still downtown, but one is so far at the end of Mass Ave, it's practically near the north I-70/I-65 split. Others, however, are nearby, but only one seems close enough to be connected (the proposed Pan Am center one). 

These are "planned", and while I'd hope that the ones with launch dates are firm and will happen, there's nothing in the video stating that these are certain to be built. So some of this might still be pie-in-the-sky. But, even a few more rooms being built will help. And nearly 3000 more rooms would help a LOT.

Crossing fingers for this. 

Posted by rutherfordr

They're teasing us again with the possibility of a new hotel at Pan Am Plaza...

Posted by squirecam

https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-news/developer-agrees-to-build-1-hotel-at-a-time-at-pan-am-plaza/

Posted by brotherbock rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
They're teasing us again with the possibility of a new hotel at Pan Am Plaza...

After the President killed Katniss's sister at Pan Am Plaza, they need to do something with it.

;)

Posted by roderick

I like Pan Am Plaza, and the "artist's concept" I saw for what they wanted to put there was butt-ugly and not in keeping with the immediate neighborhood (Union Station, The Omni, the church...)

Posted by brotherbock roderick

roderick wrote:
I like Pan Am Plaza, and the "artist's concept" I saw for what they wanted to put there was butt-ugly and not in keeping with the immediate neighborhood (Union Station, The Omni, the church...)

Agreed. The entire tone of that area will change if they throw up a giant hotel building there. Right now, it's open and somewhat relaxing, you can see the con center and stadium. Imagine a big hotel looming over the food trucks and the whole area. Meh.

Posted by squirecam brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
roderick wrote:

Agreed. The entire tone of that area will change if they throw up a giant hotel building there. Right now, it's open and somewhat relaxing, you can see the con center and stadium. Imagine a big hotel looming over the food trucks and the whole area. Meh.
I’ll take the extra downtown hotel space, thank you.

Posted by brotherbock squirecam

squirecam wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
roderick wrote:

I’ll take the extra downtown hotel space, thank you.

I'll take them putting it somewhere else downtown :) Crush it down right on top of the White Castle, still just an ax throw away from the Con center.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.