Funko Pop Figures/Game 2020
Posted by arcus

Sooo, I got bit by the Funko Pop bug after play testing and buying the game last year at GenCon.  I have read that Funko frequents Comic Con events throughout the year and releases limited edition Pop figures.  Since they made a big splash at last year's GenCon with the game, I was wondering if there has been any news on them coming back to GenCon 2020 with additional game expansions and possibly some exclusive Pop figures?

Posted by helenbb

Funko definitely releases exclusive Pop figures at comic cons. However, I don't think this is likely at GenCon. They certainly could be back, but I suspect that they would be focusing on their games releases. They might have exclusives related to the games at GenCon! But never say never. Funko often surprises me.

Do you go to comic cons? Funko has exclusive products and fan events at many such cons. They will also sometimes organize fan get-togethers at cons as well, often through Fugitive Toys. The 'ultimate' event for all of this is San Diego Comic Con, where Funko releases a slew of figures and hosts Funko Fundays, a fabulous party for its fans. But GenCon is the one con (of which I am aware) where Funko highlights their games.

Have you visited the Funko Funatics forums? You'll find lots of people there to help fuel your interest. 

Posted by arcus helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Funko definitely releases exclusive Pop figures at comic cons. However, I don't think this is likely at GenCon. They certainly could be back, but I suspect that they would be focusing on their games releases. They might have exclusives related to the games at GenCon! But never say never. Funko often surprises me.
Do you go to comic cons? Funko has exclusive products and fan events at many such cons. They will also sometimes organize fan get-togethers at cons as well, often through Fugitive Toys. The 'ultimate' event for all of this is San Diego Comic Con, where Funko releases a slew of figures and hosts Funko Fundays, a fabulous party for its fans. But GenCon is the one con (of which I am aware) where Funko highlights their games.
Have you visited the Funko Funatics forums? You'll find lots of people there to help fuel your interest. 

Thank you for the reply!  I am hoping Funko does something special for GenCon as well and surprises everyone.

I do not go to the Comic Cons, but I have heard of the Funko releases and events at them.  I think something similar at GenCon based around their game and Pop figures that have made the jump to board games would be nice IMHO.

I have also downloaded the Funko App and it is a must for anyone looking to build their collection great and small.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Posted by helenbb

If you want to join a great Funko community, go to funkofunatics.com , and if you want to dip your toe into the comic con world, try friendsofcc.com . Both have great forums with people who are willing to help, similar to these GenCon forums here (only much more active).

Posted by arcus helenbb

helenbb wrote:
If you want to join a great Funko community, go to funkofunatics.com , and if you want to dip your toe into the comic con world, try friendsofcc.com . Both have great forums with people who are willing to help, similar to these GenCon forums here (only much more active).

Thank you Helen!!

Posted by arcus

For any of you Funko fans out there, looks like Funko is releasing 4 new expansions for their Funkoverse game. This might mean they set up a room again this year, but who knows...

2 Expansions from Jurassic Park
1 Expansion for Golden Girls
1 Expansion for Aggretsuko 2 (whatever that is)

Posted by helenbb

I'd love to see more demos at GenCon this year!

Posted by helenbb

Just wanted to post that it looks like I may have been wrong... I am impressed with this new release from Funko! If they make more toys in this vein, we could very well see some exclusives at GenCon...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZNrUwFwG_/?utm_source=ig_embed

Posted by arcus helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Just wanted to post that it looks like I may have been wrong... I am impressed with this new release from Funko! If they make more toys in this vein, we could very well see some exclusives at GenCon...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZNrUwFwG_/?utm_source=ig_embed

They actually have 3 more Pop for DND that came out earlier this year and late last, but the cube is the coolest by far.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.