Pathfinder 1st Edition PFS
Posted by lehane

Hello Everyone,

Was it ever settled if the Pathfinder 1st Edition PF Society stuff would continue to be run at Gencon or are they just planning on the new edition being run exclusively?

Posted by parody

You would be better off asking on the Paizo forums.  AFAIK, they haven't said anything yet (it's very early) but you can figure they'll be focusing on Starfinder and Pathfinder 2nd.

Posted by lehane

Yeah, but I didn't want any edition drama, that is why I didn't even consider the paizo forums. 

Posted by parody

FWIW, I just skimmed through the Organized Play forums and didn't see any edition drama.  Regardless, what ratio of PF1e/PF2e/SF they run is partially based on feedback; if you don't go and tell them what you'd like to see your opinion won't be considered.

Otherwise, well, we'll all know in May. :)

Posted by donaldbain

Paizo is not supporting 1e at all anymore.  Any 1st ed games would be run by a 3rd party.

Posted by lehane donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
Paizo is not supporting 1e at all anymore.  Any 1st ed games would be run by a 3rd party.

Thank You.

Posted by bushmaster donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
How do you define "not supporting"?
Paizo is supporting 1e by keeping forums active and product available for purchase, especially in PDF format. 

They are not making new adventures or books for 1e.

Pathfinder Society for 1e is still alive and kicking and I expect there will be a fair number of 1e adventures offered at GenCon. 

Posted by funny-shaped dice bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
donaldbain wrote:

I'm not the original poster, but in the context of the thread, I took their meaning to be "Paizo is not supporting [sponsoring] 1e [events @ GenCon] at all anymore.  Any 1st ed games would be run [@ GenCon] by a 3rd party."

I'm sure there will be plenty of PF 1e games...just like you can still find D&D 1e, 2e, etc....but it is not an unreasonable assertion to believe that PFS and other games run by Paizo would be focused on 2e.

Meh. YMMV.

Posted by bushmaster funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
bushmaster wrote:
donaldbain wrote:

I'm not the original poster, but in the context of the thread, I took their meaning to be "Paizo is not supporting [sponsoring] 1e [events @ GenCon] at all anymore.  Any 1st ed games would be run [@ GenCon] by a 3rd party."I'm sure there will be plenty of PF 1e games...just like you can still find D&D 1e, 2e, etc....but it is not an unreasonable assertion to believe that PFS and other games run by Paizo would be focused on 2e.
Meh. YMMV.
At some point Paizo will not "support" PF1 at GenCon but I can assure you it will not be this GenCon. (I do not work for nor represent Paizo. I am a volunteer GM)

Posted by funny-shaped dice bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:At some point Paizo will not "support" PF1 at GenCon but I can assure you it will not be this GenCon. (I do not work for nor
represent Paizo. I am a volunteer GM)

Like I said: meh.

Supported or not, there will be PF 1e games at Gen Con for many years to come...just like there are D&D 1e / 2e / BX, etc.

The Con is so huge you can find most any game - or coordinate with people to play most any game.

Posted by mulhern.steve

I just volunteered for Paizo for the 7th year in a row.  One of the volunteer questions was, "What would you like to run?", and PFS1 was one of the options there.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.