Having a great time!
Posted by urielblue

As I just posted for my FB feed.

I've played 4 different games so far, 5 sessions total. I've rescued friends from mutant cultists in a post-Apocalyptic wasteland (With my trusty Mangy Dog companion), fought demonically possessed farm animals, almost leaped from a cliff to my death due to a harpy's song, and tracked that dread book The King in Yellow across 1895 Paris, narrowly avoiding madness. Tomorrow, I enter Maximum Apocalypse again, then play a sentient Psychic alien Mantis Shrimp upon a distant world, and then in an improved 'Who's line Is It Anyways?' style 40 person All Flesh Must Be Eaten (Zombies) game. Seriously, RPG friends..what else areyou doing ? Most games are 2 bucks. I've already played more game than 75% of my Gencon trips the last 5 years, and it's only Friday night. Reg for the con is free. and as I said...2 bucks/game...Unless you insist on playing 5E D&D, and seriously...*Not* playing that was my only rule for myself this weekend.

Played so far;
Thursday - Zweihander, The Yellow King
Friday - Shadow of the Demon Lord, Maximum Apocalypse, Zweihander

Posted by roderick

Sounds like a great time!

Posted by urielblue

Th be clear, I'm not disparaging D&D5E, I play it, and enjoy it, but my goal was to play all new games this weekend.

Posted by roderick

That is absolutely, perfectly OK. Conventions are a great place/time to try new games to see if they appeal to you, or just to take a break from whatever you normally play. That is one of their purposes. 

Posted by nscott

I've really impressed by what was put together in what... 9-10 weeks. I'm enjoying it! Doing a number of things that I probably wouldn't have done in person.

Posted by qwaserity

IF you haven't had a chance, check out the games being demoed in the First Exposure Playtest Hall. The games are free and they are in various levels of development.

Posted by wavester urielblue

urielblue wrote:
Th be clear, I'm not disparaging D&D5E, I play it, and enjoy it, but my goal was to play all new games this weekend.

We missed you (but I totally get it) - Finding 5E to play is like finding bread at the store at 6pm on a Tuesday - play all the other fun stuff that is a lot harder to find.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.