Assuming we all get to go, but assuming also that COVID is still a thing causing some level of concern in July and August...I'm guessing there might be more people bringing their own food to the Con this year. A lot of people bring food because of the cost of eating out--but maybe more this year cause of the virus thing.
So let's build a list. What are the best foods to bring to the Con, with an eye on "what might you actually be able to survive on healthily (or reasonably so) for the week" and "what can you prep in advance"?
- Trail mixes--the kinds with fruit and nuts, maybe some seed action (although I'm not as big on seeds, personally)
- Yogurt--for the fridge in the room, maybe a small soft-sided cooler to bring places with you.
- Hummus--with some pita, or some cut veggies
- Whole fruit (apples, oranges)
- Hard-boiled eggs (only for the room...please)
- Pasta salads
- Oatmeal (get hot water from the hotel)
I'm not big on bars (protein bars, energy bars, etc) for real eating, but I know they'll get mentioned :)