Transportation Ideas
Posted by polski2020

Last Gen-Con I attended was in Milwaukee, WI.  
For Indianapolis, I'd appreciate a heads up to travelling via car downtown if your hotel ends up not being within walking distance or has a shuttle.
I've looked up bus services, Uber, Lyft . . . . any favorites for parking garages?  And, favorites, . . I mean cheap.

Thank in advance!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

For the past few years we've used Gate 10 parking.  About $16/day, with free shuttles to/from the ICC.  We've stayed west of downtown, and the drive in wasn't too bad, even on Thurs/Fri when there was the regular rush-hour traffic.

If you won't have a car there, then Uber & Lyft are options.  The last 2 years Lyft has run a special promo with Gen Con giving discounts off your first few rides with them.

There are some Indy locals here who would probably have a better handle on public transit.

Posted by indynat

IndyGo doesn’t.  I’m local and we use gate 10.  I would not use the Embassy Suites garage due to break-ins.  I don’t feel safe at the mall garage.

Posted by polski2020

Just read up on Gate 10.  I heard good things, but it's only open to 7 am - 6 pm. 
That kinda stinks considering Gen-Con is technically 24 hours gaming which I plan to game as much as humanly possible within 4 days . . . just sayin'.

Posted by rogersba polski2020

polski2020 wrote:
Just read up on Gate 10.  I heard good things, but it's only open to 7 am - 6 pm. 
That kinda stinks considering Gen-Con is technically 24 hours gaming which I plan to game as much as humanly possible within 4 days . . . just sayin'.

They go 24 hours for Gen Con. From last year's confirmation email:

"Please bring your email confirmation receipt, along with ID, to the lot located at <your designated lot>. You will need to show the lot attendant on duty your confirmation receipt and ID and then he or she will hand give you a parking pass that coordinates with the number of days you purchased parking for. 

Shuttle pick up locations will be marked; shuttles WILL NOT be driving into the lot to pick up or drop off. They have designated locations to pick up and drop off.  You do NOT need to call for Indiana Convention Center pick up! Our shuttles will be running 24hrs for the entire Gen Con Event!"

Posted by tinabear81

Two years ago (last time we used it) Gate 10 was honestly great. Last year we were lucky enough to get a room at the Staybridge downtown, so we used Lyft to get to/from the airport and I highly recommend them as an option. 

Honestly, given the cost of a rental car, gas, and parking, it may be cheaper for me and mine to use Lyft daily if we aren’t staying downtown. 

Posted by gatetenindy

Gate Ten Extends Sale One more day
Gen Con Parking 2020 
4 Days $ 68 In and Out Privileges
FREE SHUTTLES!

www.affordableindyeventparking.com

Hey everyone! Thank you for using Gate Ten of Indianapolis! I'm a representative of the company. We are open 24 hours during GenCon!!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.