Saddened
Posted by brotherbock tinabear81

tinabear81 wrote:
At which point GenCon and Qrooms have to rescind the no-room-trade /transfer policy, or open it back up. I have a feeling there’s a really good reason why that rule was put in place. 

That said...I for one would like to hear why the ability to trade rooms was stopped. It was very handy in previous years, when simple things like plans changed because life got in the way. It's a shame now that, after planning in February, if your job changes and you can't go to Gen Con, you're just out some money instead of being able to give the room to someone.

Posted by mikeboozer brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
tinabear81 wrote:
At which point GenCon and Qrooms have to rescind the no-room-trade /transfer policy, or open it back up. I have a feeling there’s a really good reason why that rule was put in place. 

That said...I for one would like to hear why the ability to trade rooms was stopped. It was very handy in previous years, when simple things like plans changed because life got in the way. It's a shame now that, after planning in February, if your job changes and you can't go to Gen Con, you're just out some money instead of being able to give the room to someone.

This has been thoroughly gone over. There were threads about it when it happened.  In a nut shell the non-transferable policy serves as a deterrent to abusive room grabs and/or reselling of rooms.

Posted by brotherbock mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
tinabear81 wrote:

This has been thoroughly gone over. There were threads about it when it happened.  In a nut shell the non-transferable policy serves as a deterrent to abusive room grabs and/or reselling of rooms.

Gotcha, appreciate it. Sorry I missed those threads. The nutshell explanation makes sense, no need for necromancy on my behalf :)

Posted by mikeboozer brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
tinabear81 wrote:

Gotcha, appreciate it. Sorry I missed those threads. The nutshell explanation makes sense, no need for necromancy on my behalf :)

Yes, please cease and desist any Necromancy within the tri-state area... ;)

Posted by brotherbock mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Yes, please cease and desist any Necromancy within the tri-state area... ;)

...wait, NOW you tell me? Okay, hang on...

<thudding sounds, chainsaw starting>

This'll take me a minute.

Posted by aldctjoc

"... within the tri-state area..."

*ponders*...

Posted by raidkillsbugsded aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:
"... within the tri-state area..."
*ponders*...

Take note, also, that it is not specified which Tri-State area.  I assume this to mean that I cannot practice necromancy along the Tri-State Tollway corridor in the Chicago area, but I'm fine if I do it in the back of a semi travelling along the Dan Ryan Expressway.  

Posted by dwe113

if you can't practice necromancy then how will you ever get better at it?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4