Using e-tickets for a different event
Posted by buffythecatslayer

The other thread is now locked, so I can't fix my question about transfers, which I wasn't clear on.

Currently, an event host is allowed to accept a ticket for a different event as a generic for his event up to its face value.  So, an $8 ticket for event A can be used as 4 $2 tickets for event B.  The Event Host Policy still has this language in there?

How will this work with e-ticketing? Assuming both A & B are e-tickets, if I decided to simply skip event A, I would have to have returned the ticket prior to the event, then simply buy the tickets for B at the event?  If I forgot to return the A ticket in time, would I simply be out-of-luck as to getting my money back for the event? 

What if A was a paper ticket event, and B was an e-ticket?  Returning paper tickets is a pain; the one redeeming feature is we could use them for a different event later in the Con.  I hope this mix/match scenario can be worked in with e-tickets.

Posted by mikeboozer buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
The other thread is now locked, so I can't fix my question about transfers, which I wasn't clear on.
Currently, an event host is allowed to accept a ticket for a different event as a generic for his event up to its face value.  So, an $8 ticket for event A can be used as 4 $2 tickets for event B.  The Event Host Policy still has this language in there?
How will this work with e-ticketing? Assuming both A & B are e-tickets, if I decided to simply skip event A, I would have to have returned the ticket prior to the event, then simply buy the tickets for B at the event?  If I forgot to return the A ticket in time, would I simply be out-of-luck as to getting my money back for the event? 
What if A was a paper ticket event, and B was an e-ticket?  Returning paper tickets is a pain; the one redeeming feature is we could use them for a different event later in the Con.  I hope this mix/match scenario can be worked in with e-tickets.

You would have to return any e-ticket before the event. They cannot be used for another e-ticketed event. They are unique to your account and badge. You can transfer them to another person however.

E-ticketed events can still accept generic paper tickets or paper tickets to other events that have not occurred if space is available and the GM is willing to accept them, but the only way to guarantee a spot in e-ticketed events will be to purchase an e-ticket. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Thanks Mike.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.