What do you WANT to see at GCO?
Posted by qwaserity

I'm the opposite of a "one trick pony" as I can teach about 120 games off of the top of my head. If I knew what people wanted to see this far in advance, I could learn and teach just about anything.

Every year I see a list of games that end up under represented. Do we have that list for this year?

(And before you say "teach your favorites", that's why I can teach about 120 games off the top of my head...LOL.)

Posted by mao qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
I'm the opposite of a "one trick pony" as I can teach about 120 games off of the top of my head. If I knew what people wanted to see this far in advance, I could learn and teach just about anything.
Every year I see a list of games that end up under represented. Do we have that list for this year?
(And before you say "teach your favorites", that's why I can teach about 120 games off the top of my head...LOL.)
Is there a list anywhere of what games can be played online?  I have been to a number of game conventions but never done an online event like this.  I can't imagine how a complicated strategy game (for example, Terraforming Mars) could be played online.  Any insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by qwaserity

Depending on the platform nearly anything can be played online. While I have no experience with other programs, I've ported over two games I've been working on into Tabletop Simulator. Outside of those programs, there are many good versions of digital board games. I'm hoping some of the companies could have sales on the simulators or the individual games before GenCon.

P.S. Google "Terraforming Mars Tabletop Simulator" for an example of what is possible.

Posted by helenbb

I would love to see a wide variety of rpgs. I wasn't expecting much from online cons, but I really enjoyed playing rpgs over chat at ZoeCon and Con of Champions. I hope to do more of the same at GenCon Online.

Posted by eternusiv

Very excited to participate online this year, personally.   I decided to take matters into my own hands and GM based on what I like to play.

I thought about going 5e heavy due to the massive popularity, but have been 'dying' to run a mini-campaign introducing Chronicles of Darkness --> Hunter --> Geist (all as one-shots but possible to play all three and experience a mini "arc")

I also have 13th Age and Cthulhu (7th) one-off in the hopper.

I can't wait to see what other people are considering to play and run!   That Discord should be fascinating to watch as the Con progresses.

Posted by paranormalsteve

I hope there is interest in playtesting some upcoming games. I submitted several events to get some additional testing before Kickstarter later this year but I don't know if people enjoy that during the convention (never been in person).

Posted by buffythecatslayer

The FEPH (First Exposure Playtest Hall) is very popular at the Con.  Not sure how effective it would be in an online setting, since to get a good feel for the game, you need to really see it in detail.  Unlike other games you can play online, a game in playtest state has no reference or other materials available.

Posted by qwaserity buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
The FEPH (First Exposure Playtest Hall) is very popular at the Con.  Not sure how effective it would be in an online setting, since to get a good feel for the game, you need to really see it in detail.  Unlike other games you can play online, a game in playtest state has no reference or other materials available.
If you know how, you can port a playtest game over to tabletop simulator. I know I have...

Posted by [email protected]

I'd dig to see more games with tags that are openly inclusive, proudly diverse in all regards. Not only game descriptions but a welcome to a wide range of players. Would  also adore to see more queer games and woman/queer GMs at tables. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.