Geekway to the West moves to October
Posted by mal_havoc

Not that this has any bearing on GC, but it is a good sign that some conventions may actually run.  Geekway to the West just announced they are re-scheduling to October 5-7, 2021 from May timeframe.  Yes, it is Tues-Thur due to schedule conflicts with the venue. 

Posted by begoodd8

[This post has been removed]

Posted by friday12

[This post has been removed]

Posted by jhs

Thanks, that is interesting.  Cons going mid week is something that hadn’t occurred to me, but for this year could make sense.  I would take a few more days off to have a gen con.

Posted by traveller

Keep in mind that it takes time to setup and dismantle (longer to setup).  

Posted by quickforce

Not as much time as you say.

Posted by ematuskey

I can totally see conventions getting creative this year--the pent-up demand is there if they can figure something out!

I'm still feeling optimistic that things will be looking a lot better by summer--3 vaccines and a dearth of international travel may get this under control in the next few months, if we keep the numbers of people getting their shots going up.  I still expect to be wearing a mask until 2022 at least (and honestly, I may wear a mask whenever I fly from now on--in hindsight, some of the sickest I've gotten over the years has been after flying!).  But I know that may be an /overly/ optimistic view, heh. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.