Foreign Attendees
Posted by loeil

Hi

I'm not sure if it's been said, but what about attendees from other countries?
I'm from Canada and been to gencon every year for the past 5 years or so and i rolled my badge from last year to this year. Will i be able to attend the convention or it's for US resident only due to restriction?

Posted by colbrook

As I understand it you can currently travel to the US as long as you have a negative COVID test in the 72 hours before flying. The tricky bit might be either leaving, as some countries aren't allowing non-essential travel, or returning, as many countries are requiring returning residents to quarantine. 

Posted by joyoung

[This post has been removed]

Posted by picc

The tricky bit is getting back into canada , I suggest you do some research and keep current on mandatory hotel quarantines on your return. I'm also from Canada and to be honest I dont think we can answer the gencon question one way of the other until out government gives us more information on the border closer to the event. For us I sadly think its gonna have to be last minute or nothing this year.

Posted by mikeboozer loeil

loeil wrote:
Hi
I'm not sure if it's been said, but what about attendees from other countries?
I'm from Canada and been to gencon every year for the past 5 years or so and i rolled my badge from last year to this year. Will i be able to attend the convention or it's for US resident only due to restriction?

It is up to your countries policies on travel. Gen Con is of course welcoming everyone who can attend.

Mike

Posted by technoir

I would suggest getting vaccinated if you have a chance. It would likely help with the possibility of attending

Posted by colbrook technoir

technoir wrote:
I would suggest getting vaccinated if you have a chance. It would likely help with the possibility of attending
That currently reduces my time in quarantine from 14 days to 10 days when I get back home :P

Hopefully as vaccination rates rise restrictions will be dropped further, especially if cases and hospitalisation rates drop too. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.