Any areas/rooms for vaccinated gaming?
Posted by dragongears

Will there be any rooms or areas that require proof of vaccination to enter? Either open gaming or events? It would give people the opportunity to game together in close proximity in relative comfort.

Posted by timjs21

The new CDC guidelines say that those fully vaccinated no longer need to wear masks - indoors or out.  I'm hoping that GenCon abides by these guidelines as I'm sure the state of Indiana will.

Posted by dragongears timjs21

timjs21 wrote:
The new CDC guidelines say that those fully vaccinated no longer need to wear masks - indoors or out.  I'm hoping that GenCon abides by these guidelines as I'm sure the state of Indiana will.

I doubt they will, at least indoors. It would be too difficult to determine if a person not wearing a mask is vaccinated or not, unless there were certain areas only accessible to people who show proof of vaccination. Many other businesses will still be requiring masks for a while yet. But who can say what the situation will be like in four months.

Posted by garhkal

Since we're already seeing some stores, remove their mask mandates, i can't see the mandates for masking up, staying with us for 4+ more months.

Posted by dragongears garhkal

garhkal wrote:
Since we're already seeing some stores, remove their mask mandates, i can't see the mandates for masking up, staying with us for 4+ more months.

I can see Gen Con still requiring mask and I can also see them not. Anything can happen in four months, including another outbreak from a Covid variant. I think having a room or section for those who are vaccinated would be a way of making people feel more comfortable.

Posted by donaldbain dragongears

dragongears wrote:I think having a room or section for those who are vaccinated would be a way of making people feel more comfortable.
Requiring masks for said rooms would be easier and more certain.  All I have for proof is the schedule card and those won't be hard to fake. 

Add the shortage of space due to distancing and football along with a shortage of people makes a separate space more than a little problematical.

Posted by forar

I imagine like many aspects of this ongoing mess, it's hard to say now about where the world will be in 4 months.

Maybe vaccines keep going out, cases/deaths keep dropping, and it's not considered an issue (though I wouldn't fault anyone deciding they wanted to be masked while walking amongst thousands of strangers all the same).

Maybe the mask mandates dropping spike the cases. Or a variant emerges that punches through the immunity (unlikely as the science I've seen on the matter indicates this to be, I'm speculating that we simply don't know because life can blindside us like that), or maybe "Covid-21" is a new and exciting game to play again.

Realistically there's no reason for them to provide any lines in the sand, especially ones that 'some participants' may try to use against them in the face of a changing situation. I can already imagine the "BUT YOU SAAAAAID...." conversations.

As they've been doing, I imagine they'll keep us up to date in the monthly blogs, we'll see how things go, and sometime in August/September a more firm series of guidelines will be presented; close enough to realistically reflect the situation 'on the ground', but far enough out to give them time to make sure the word gets around to attendees, to minimize confusion or contradictory info.

Until we're a lot closer, any statements made on such things would be guidelines with so many asterisks and caveats that I imagine it'll either be erring on the side of caution, or essentially be a polite suggestion to wait for further instructions.

Posted by garhkal forar

forar wrote:
I imagine like many aspects of this ongoing mess, it's hard to say now about where the world will be in 4 months.
Heck even in 1 month, we won't know what changes there may be.. Let alone 4!

Posted by njseahawksfan

Plan on having to wear a mask and you won't be disappointed.

Posted by adcjones

They'll be plenty of room with Paizo bailing.

Posted by chibi1990

[This post has been removed]

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.