Rolling over badges
Posted by crusader77

I sent an email yesterday to rollover my badges to 2022 since, like many others, I won't be able to make this year with the new date.  Should I be expecting an email confirmation that my badges were successfully moved to 2022?

Posted by narzat

Here’s what Mike Boozer said in another thread:

"You will need to wait for a conformation email.To be clear on the process we will "refund" your 2021 badge for $0 and your will get an email.It will also say something about sending you a check...at least it does at this point but ignore that.In 2022 you will receive an allocation code to use to claim your 2022 badges.This is the process for all normal attendee badges only 4-day, and single day badges to be clear.Wrist Bands and shipping cannot be rolled over."

Posted by mikeboozer narzat

narzat wrote:
Here’s what Mike Boozer said in another thread:
"You will need to wait for a conformation email.To be clear on the process we will "refund" your 2021 badge for $0 and your will get an email.It will also say something about sending you a check...at least it does at this point but ignore that.In 2022 you will receive an allocation code to use to claim your 2022 badges.This is the process for all normal attendee badges only 4-day, and single day badges to be clear.Wrist Bands and shipping cannot be rolled over."

We have many rollovers to process. We will be getting to them in due time. I will not be locking you out over your roll over opportunity so please be patient. As long as you sent an email you will get your badge rolled over. It will take us a few months to process these in all truth. 

When it is processed (at this time) you will get an auto reply indicating that your badge has been refunded and we will send you a check.

Ignore it. It is just us getting your badge out of the 2021 system. I'll try and change the messaging soon...

Everyone who rolls their badge over to 2022 will get an allocation code to claim a badge for 2022 if you rolled over a 4 day badge. If it's any other type of badge the process will differ...but we will mail you!

Mike

Mike

Posted by selene314

With the rollover deadline looming and no idea what a mid-pandemic convention will look like, I am not ready to commit either to attend or to not attend this year. Thus the following questions:

If we roll over a badge to 2022, and then decide to attend 2021 after all, will we be able to buy a new 2021 badge (i.e. have both on the same account simultaneously)? 

Likewise can one person have badges to both the in-person convention and Gen Con Online ?

If we choose NOT to roll over, and then later decide not to attend, will we be able to get a refund? I can't find any deadline to request refunds but surely it must be after the additional badges go on sale?

Posted by kevinrg selene314

selene314 wrote:If we roll over a badge to 2022, and then decide to attend 2021 after all, will we be able to buy a new 2021 badge (i.e. have both on the same account simultaneously)? 

I asked a similar question and had not heard back (understandable given everything going on).  I plan on using the account tied to my wife's email to separate the rollover vs any potential 2021 purchase that might happen rather than even attempt to keep 2021 v 2022 straight.  

Posted by mikeboozer selene314

selene314 wrote:
With the rollover deadline looming and no idea what a mid-pandemic convention will look like, I am not ready to commit either to attend or to not attend this year. Thus the following questions:
If we roll over a badge to 2022, and then decide to attend 2021 after all, will we be able to buy a new 2021 badge (i.e. have both on the same account simultaneously)? 
Likewise can one person have badges to both the in-person convention and Gen Con Online ?
If we choose NOT to roll over, and then later decide not to attend, will we be able to get a refund? I can't find any deadline to request refunds but surely it must be after the additional badges go on sale?

1. You cannot have two badges on your account for the physical show in Indy. The system will not allow it. If you choose to roll over your badge it will still be on your account for 2021 for quite a while. That is until we have time to process the roll over.
2. You can purchase a badge for both the online and in person show.
3. You will be able to get a refund up until July 30th.
4. If you are on the fence we suggest that you wait and see. You can always refund your badge to system credit for no fee (Until July 30th). System Credit is Non-Refundable or Transferable but it never expires you can use it to buy badges or tickets for any future Gen Con.

Mike

Posted by quarex

Can confirm, I have had untouched system credit for a decade, thanks to refunding my badge the first year I volunteered for the Auction and never needing to buy another badge (or sign up for any paid events) until the Auction was cancelled this year leading to me actually needing to buy one again!  I bet people have had system credit even longer than that, too.

Posted by kevinrg quarex

quarex wrote:
Can confirm, I have had untouched system credit for a decade, thanks to refunding my badge the first year I volunteered for the Auction and never needing to buy another badge (or sign up for any paid events) until the Auction was cancelled this year leading to me actually needing to buy one again!  I bet people have had system credit even longer than that, too.

Hadn't heard it was cancelled.   That official somewhere?   Last I heard through various parties is that Bruce was still discussing.

Not surprising though.

Edit : Just saw it on their facebook page...

Posted by quarex

Yeah, it is a bummer, particularly since by the time September rolls around it may well seem obvious that it could have happened, but I imagine it was hard to figure out how to have anything resembling the usual Auction/Auction Store without taking up immensely more space (not sure if that was ultimately the sticking point, but it might well have been)

Posted by lore seeker

I can't find the auction cancellation announcement on the Facebook page, so I'll ask here: does that mean there's no consignment store this year either?

Posted by austicke lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:does that mean there's no consignment store this year either?

Yes.

Posted by lore seeker austicke

austicke wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:does that mean there's no consignment store this year either?

Yes._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Damn :(

Posted by kevinrg lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
I can't find the auction cancellation announcement on the Facebook page, so I'll ask here: does that mean there's no consignment store this year either?

Gencon auction has their own FB group.  Wasn't on the official Gencon group page.

Posted by lore seeker kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:

Gencon auction has their own FB group.  Wasn't on the official Gencon group page.

Oh okay. Would never have thought to look for a separate group.

Posted by quarex

I think someone did cross-post the Auction announcement to the Fans of Gen Con group, though I could be misremembering.

Posted by kevinrg

Sent the rollover from 2021 to 2022 weeks ago, but still see a badge to 2021 in my schedule (which they said previously it would be weeks before they process everything so.. guess that isn't concerning).   

But, does that mean that these rollover ones that haven't been processed will still be in the hotel lottery this weekend?   Seems like people going might want to know that a 'bad' time this year might not be a bad time this year if the early slots are alot of unprocessed rollover requests.

Posted by mikeboozer kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
Sent the rollover from 2021 to 2022 weeks ago, but still see a badge to 2021 in my schedule (which they said previously it would be weeks before they process everything so.. guess that isn't concerning).   
But, does that mean that these rollover ones that haven't been processed will still be in the hotel lottery this weekend?   Seems like people going might want to know that a 'bad' time this year might not be a bad time this year if the early slots are alot of unprocessed rollover requests.

There are not so many roll overs that it will greatly influence your time slot.

Mike

Posted by kevinrg mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
There are not so many roll overs that it will greatly influence your time slot.Mike

Sounds like rollovers will still get a time slot, but just ignore it (obviously)

This will be the year I get time slot #1.  :)

Posted by kevinrg

6 hours after it opens.  At least the lottery gods didn't taunt me this year with a great time slot.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.