Who IS going to be at Gen Con?
1 3
1 3
Posted by mikeboozer

You can expect some new companies and new experiences for sure. Companies who have not been able to secure a spot because of the demand for entry into the exhibit hall and space for events will be attending for the first time.

Mike

Posted by qwaserity mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
You can expect some new companies and new experiences for sure. Companies who have not been able to secure a spot because of the demand for entry into the exhibit hall and space for events will be attending for the first time.
Mike
Suddenly, my interest has been peeked more by this comment. I get regular e-mails from several of the no shows so if BRAND X company isn't coming, I'll still buy their product from my local friendly game store. I also have a pretty good idea what I can find at the regular booths.

I'm sure it will happen but I'll ask anyway: Can we get a list of newcomers this year? I'll go out of my way just to see the new people.

Posted by ryric qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
Mike
Suddenly, my interest has been peeked more by this comment. I get regular e-mails from several of the no shows so if BRAND X company isn't coming, I'll still buy their product from my local friendly game store. I also have a pretty good idea what I can find at the regular booths.I'm sure it will happen but I'll ask anyway: Can we get a list of newcomers this year? I'll go out of my way just to see the new people.
Actually, a "New at Gen Con this year!" list would be a neat thing to have as an ongoing thing, not just this year.

Posted by smarty_213 ryric

ryric wrote:
qwaserity wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
Mike
Suddenly, my interest has been peeked more by this comment. I get regular e-mails from several of the no shows so if BRAND X company isn't coming, I'll still buy their product from my local friendly game store. I also have a pretty good idea what I can find at the regular booths.I'm sure it will happen but I'll ask anyway: Can we get a list of newcomers this year? I'll go out of my way just to see the new people.
Actually, a "New at Gen Con this year!" list would be a neat thing to have as an ongoing thing, not just this year.
I concur!

Posted by lore seeker smarty_213

smarty_213 wrote:
ryric wrote:
qwaserity wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
Mike
I concur!
Thirded!

Posted by sovietprince

if restrictions go to 75 could comp that were not going change there mind and attend?

Posted by colbrook sovietprince

sovietprince wrote:
if restrictions go to 75 could comp that were not going change there mind and attend?
Depends if there's space, I saw it mentioned on the Discord there are a lot of first time exhibitors have signed up to fill the spaces left by the heavyweights leaving, in addition to the reduction in stands due to distancing.

I'm sure some of the big players would struggle with logistics as well, short notice was already cited as a reason for some companies to cancel.

Posted by fogel pens and creations

This is almost a surreal feeling.  Hotel booked for Fogel Pens and Creations is finalized.  Holy Cow excited to be here for the first time ever in any capacity (guest or vendor).  I hope everyone enjoys our wares.

Posted by brooks fogel pens and creations

fogel pens and creations wrote:
This is almost a surreal feeling.  Hotel booked for Fogel Pens and Creations is finalized.  Holy Cow excited to be here for the first time ever in any capacity (guest or vendor).  I hope everyone enjoys our wares.

Congratulations! Very much looking forward to stopping by your booth. 

Posted by boute001

So final roll over date is in close to 2 weeks.  Can Gencon post a final vendors list for the con? (I would assume by now that there has to be a good “working list” of who will be attending). Thanks!

Posted by hahnarama

Magic 8 Ball says " Better not tell you now."

Posted by forar

With the situation as it is, which is changing enough where predicting things week to week or even day to day is fraught with peril, I'm doubtful of a 'final' list being 100% accurate until we're all actually at the con, and even then who knows where a sniffle or rough day might leave someone deciding to bail for whatever reason.

I'd take any information given with a standing caveat of 'subject to change'. Let's all manage our own expectations and hope that those who are striving to go can make it, and avoid the reflex frustration that has come up a few times because X or Y group/exhibitor can't make it after all.

Life happens and interferes in the best of times, and that goes double for what will hopefully be the tail end of a pandemic (in North America at least, I'm aware that this virus may be continuing to roll over nations of the world for quite a while longer, and hope that as Canada, the US, and other nations get it under control, that concerted efforts to stomp it down kick in to speed up that time line as well).

Posted by donaldbain boute001

boute001 wrote:
So final roll over date is in close to 2 weeks.  Can Gencon post a final vendors list for the con? (I would assume by now that there has to be a good “working list” of who will be attending). Thanks!
That is supposed to be the plan.

https://www.gencon.com/forums/78-general-info-2021/topics/16488-can-we-get-a-list-for-events-and-theexhibit-hall-before-june-24th

Posted by jhs

Ask and ye shall receive: https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/exhibitors-list#

Posted by ambrosebalin boute001

boute001 wrote:
Any inkling yet from Chip Theory Games or larger booths like Fantasy Flight?
Chip Theory confirmed on their discord that they will have a booth. 

Posted by cloak72 jhs

That list can’t be accurate.  Table of Ultimate Gaming is out of business, and has been so for quite some time. 

Posted by grim66

FFG won't have a booth? Very sad about that one - it's kind of a staple, and a rite of passage to have to stand in that line...

Posted by buffythecatslayer

That list can’t be accurate.  Table of Ultimate Gaming is out of business, and has been so for quite some time. 

They have a booth in the hall, 1620.  Someone suggested in another thread that they might be there to get rid of their current stock.  If so, be very wary of buying anything from them.

Posted by njseahawksfan

Here's the map, too.

2021.exhibithallmap.pdf (gencon.com)

Posted by quarex

I think the Table of Ultimate Gaming booth is being run as a clearance section by the people who bought their stock?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3