Auction Room ?
Posted by davidschneider

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but will there be an Auction Room this year?

Thanks

Posted by lore seeker

Sadly, no.

Posted by davidschneider lore seeker

Thank you for the reply.

Signed, Bummed 

Posted by lore seeker davidschneider

davidschneider wrote:
Thank you for the reply.Signed, Bummed 

Me too, man. The consignment store was a place I always needed to spend some time in every con.

Posted by davidschneider lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
davidschneider wrote:
Thank you for the reply.Signed, Bummed 

Me too, man. The consignment store was a place I always needed to spend some time in every con.

Same here, I loved the "treasure" hunt! 

Posted by quarex

I would say the Auction in general, particularly the Consignment Store, went from being 0% of my spending in the 1990s to like 75% of my non-hotel spending by 2019 (and most of the rest was food or coffee!).  It will definitely be missed, even if it will also mean I head into planning for 2022 with a lot more money than I usually come home with!

Posted by voxsolas

Can I get some up to info on the Auction. I am seeing a two month old post stating that there is going to be no auction event this year. Is that still accurate? Thanks. 

Posted by donaldbain

No auction or consignment room this year.

Posted by inari

There is still the Virtual Flea Market listed on BGG and there will be a math trade as well that hasn't started yet which can be found on BGG sometime soon.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/286005/gen-con-virtual-flea-market-2021

Posted by hahnarama

So there is going to be a BGG math trade for Gen Con as well as the official event math trade?

Posted by qwaserity

The official math trade will be listed on the boardgamegeek website starting next week.

Posted by inari

The math trade event in the catalog IS the one that is listed on BGG.  They are the same.  It runs ahead of the con and the event at the con is the meetup for exchanges.

Posted by quarex

I wish I could get excited about the virtual flea market.  Though I guess for my bank account's sake I am glad I only get enthusiastic about in-person auctions.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.