New VIG, can we roll it to 2022?
Posted by tazukia

I was lucky enough to get selected as a new VIG. The email says to let them know if you want to actually receive the offer by the 31st. With this now being Friday and Monday a holiday I am hoping someone here can help.

We had orginally thought we would roll out standard badge until next year. I am assuming since this is just an offer that we either have to accept or decline.

My question, if we accept and pay the fee, can we roll that into 2022 so that we are actually in the VIG program going forward?

Posted by narzat

I asked the VIG coordinator the same question and was told that, no, new ViGs cannot roll the badge to next year.  You have to buy it this year or pass up the opportunity.  Which is reasonable, I think.  

Posted by tazukia narzat

narzat wrote:
I asked Mike Boozer the same question and was told that, no, new ViGs cannot roll the badge to next year.  You have to buy it this year or pass up the opportunity.  Which is reasonable, I think.  
That is what I was expecting. Looks like I may actually be going this year. ;-)

Posted by narzat

I made the same decision!  See you in the VIG lounge :)

Posted by mikeboozer

New VIG's for 2021 cannot roll their badges over to 2022.

You must purchase a VIG badge this year, you do not have to attend, but to remain in the program for subsequent years you must purchase a 2021 VIG badge.
Don't have to purchase the Companion badge.

Mike

Posted by tazukia mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
You must purchase a VIG badge this year, you do not have to attend, but to remain in the program for subsequent years you must purchase a 2021 VIG badge.
Mike
Thanks for letting me know. That was my assumption. 

@mikeboozer
With it being a holiday weekend and deadlines on the 31st, is email still the best way to let you guys know my answer?

I do believe new VIG registration starts tomorrow as well. I still need to talk with my wife about this later this afternoon. Thanks again. 

Posted by mikeboozer tazukia

tazukia wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
Mike
Thanks for letting me know. That was my assumption. @mikeboozer
With it being a holiday weekend and deadlines on the 31st, is email still the best way to let you guys know my answer?
I do believe new VIG registration starts tomorrow as well. I still need to talk with my wife about this later this afternoon. Thanks again. 

Yes, email [email protected] 

Registration does start tomorrow. Let us know!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.