questions on changes
Posted by sovietprince

1) is 50 percent set in stone or can attendance be increased? Honestly come sept I believe we be at close to 100 percent look at the NFL.

2) if it does increase could those companys that decided to wait it out change there mind or is it to late by then?

Posted by colbrook

1) They've already said they'll add more day tickets as capacity rises, I doubt we'll get to 100% due to social distancing accommodations and the fact they can't use the Lucas Oil this year.

2) Unlikely, part of the reason some vendors dropped is there wasn't enough time after the announcement of the new dates to sort the logistics. There are also a number of new vendors this year and previous vendors getting bigger booths, so there's a possibility they can no longer accommodate those that chose not to come. 

Posted by mikeboozer colbrook

colbrook wrote:
1) They've already said they'll add more day tickets as capacity rises, I doubt we'll get to 100% due to social distancing accommodations and the fact they can't use the Lucas Oil this year.
2) Unlikely, part of the reason some vendors dropped is there wasn't enough time after the announcement of the new dates to sort the logistics. There are also a number of new vendors this year and previous vendors getting bigger booths, so there's a possibility they can no longer accommodate those that chose not to come. 

Spot on!

Posted by sovietprince colbrook

colbrook wrote:

1) is there really much a need for social dististance at that point

Posted by traveller sovietprince

sovietprince wrote:
colbrook wrote:

1) yes, yes, yes, yes.  huddled unwashed masses is a sadly true statement at Gencon.  Long before covid, concrud was a real issue.  I'll be happy with the increased handwashing (although bathing/showing would be nice more often too).  With the current space I can it hitting maybe 60-70%,  

Posted by hahnarama

Just my $0.02 but I don't think its going to come close to selling out.

Between being pushed back to Sept and the fear and uncertainty I bet it's under 30,000 this year.

Now ask me later today after my super late hotel lottery time. If there are still hotel room available downtown then I know it wont be a sell out :)  

Posted by colbrook sovietprince

sovietprince wrote:
colbrook wrote:

Whether or not Social Distancing is necessary in September is irrelevant. The plans and layouts will already have been drawn up and booths sold and allocated with it in mind. 

Posted by ungmar9567 hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
Between being pushed back to Sept and the fear and uncertainty I bet it's under 30,000 this year.
Now ask me later today after my super late hotel lottery time. If there are still hotel room available downtown then I know it wont be a sell out :)  
What is your super late hotel lottery time? Mine is 4:32 Eastern. In a normal year, that would be pretty grim. But with fewer people and the September date, I have some hope.

Posted by rhone1

3:22 PM here

Posted by garhkal hahnarama

traveller wrote:
sovietprince wrote:
colbrook wrote:

1) yes, yes, yes, yes.  huddled unwashed masses is a sadly true statement at Gencon.  Long before covid, concrud was a real issue.  I'll be happy with the increased handwashing (although bathing/showing would be nice more often too).  With the current space I can it hitting maybe 60-70%,  

Well said.  I can see a need for some distancing, but not keeping things at 6+ foot.. 
hahnarama wrote:

I can see it hitting maybe 40k, if they open the gates, but no where near the 60+ we've seen in some prior years.

Posted by hahnarama

Still PLENTY of downtown rooms available  as of 8:59 PM EDT 

Posted by donaldbain

I'm thinking they should rethink the prices since demand is so low....

Posted by sovietprince

I like to discuss this more but i don't think I am allowed to by the mods all i geuss i am going to say is being to cautious but that is my opinion.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.