Who's willing to compare the 2019 list to the 2021 list
Posted by hahnarama

and tell us who  is NOT coming this year?  :) 

Posted by ryric

I haven't done a truly thorough comparison, but my quick glance seems to indicate that basically all my "must get to their booth right away to buy the October/November releases early" places are gone this year. Ought to be a much less stressful shopping experience. Conversely, there are certainly some games I "kinda want" that I could justify as part of my Gen Con budget, but whose companies are absent so I likely will never get them.

Posted by valkeyr

The problem here is that the list doesn't seem 100% accurate. Kingdom Death staff already confirmed they're not going despite being on the list.

Posted by deadsaidfred

I traded an email with CoolStuff - seems they’ll not be bring in board games - just cards.  Good for those focused on cards, less so for others…

Posted by brumcg

I concentrate on RPGs...  I noticed Cubicle 7, Modiphius, Studio 2 Publishing (they rep about 10+ small to medium sized RPG publishers including Pinnacle), Palladium, Columbia Games, Greater Than Games, Lamentations of the Flame Princess, Lone Wolf, Ulisses Spiele, and tens of other smaller publishers not attending.  That's in addition to those who have been widely reported (Paizo, etc..).

There is an influx of new RPG publishers.  Most of them are smaller... which is cool.

Green Ronin is listed as attending, but they've previously said they aren't doing cons this year.  I also find it hard to believe that Free League Publishing (Fria Ligan) is going to be there.  I hope both are!

Posted by quarex

What was that I saw in some other thread about bans on limited-release convention specials or something?  Is this part of the reason the big companies might be less interested in coming, if they cannot even hype up their forthcoming releases with that sort of special release promotion?  Or did I completely misunderstand?  Either is fine!

Posted by brumcg

I confirmed that Green Ronin *is* going to be there with a skeleton crew and a smaller booth.

Posted by kevinrg quarex

quarex wrote:
What was that I saw in some other thread about bans on limited-release convention specials or something?  Is this part of the reason the big companies might be less interested in coming, if they cannot even hype up their forthcoming releases with that sort of special release promotion?  Or did I completely misunderstand?  Either is fine!

I think they are trying to avoid rushes/lines for items the 'Hey.. we only have 25 of these a day' type items not necessarily convention exclusives as a whole.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I did the list the last 2 years, but since I won't be going this year, I cede that to someone else. :-)

Posted by kevinrg

I did a really fast compare.   I came up with about 255 returning, 209 gone from 2019 and 95 new in 2021.

Granted, that isn't accounting for places like Kingdom Death that are on the list, but have said they aren't going.   Hopefully it isn't a case of 'We paid for our spot in 2021 even though we aren't going so we can assure a 2022 spot.   Then that would really throw the list off.

Also, not sure what the normal return rate is for vendors and which vendors not going don't normally go every year or are even in business now (like Golden Bell Studios (if you have 30 minutes to spare and aren't familiar with them and the garbage fest that was Unbroken, go look it up)

Had these as new:  

eBay
Elf Creek Games
Enhance gaming
Eye of Newt Books Inc.
Featherstone Games
Fire Opal Media
Floral Frolic
Fogel Pens & Creations
Game Brewer
Gameboard
GameON! Travel Coin Set
Geeky Endeavors
Gemhammer and Sons
Ghost Galaxy
Hachette Boardgames
Henna Body Art
Hero Pins(TM)
Hero: Tales of the Tomes
Hibernacula
Jak Lore
Kobold Press
Last Mile Games
Mantic Entertainment
Meaca Art
Meloria Maille
Mid Level Meeple
Mobo Games
Monster Adventure Terrain
Moonrakers
Moonshot Games
Move Rate 20 Games
Mr Nice Guy Games
Naomi VanDoren
Nations & Cannons
Near Mint Games
Neddy Games
Nrogjt Eue Ga,es
One Method Monkey
Origami Whale
Pawley Studios
Peaceable Kingdom
Phase Shift Games
Poetic Earth Journals & Bags
Poorwill: Micro Manufacturing Bureau
PSC Games
RAD Dice and Gaming
Rather Dashing Games
Raven Press Maps
RPG Travel & Tours
Runaway Parade Games
Scallywags Int
Scott Rosema - Fantasy and Comic Book Artist
Shauna Aura Knight Mythic Arts
Skytear
Solis Game Studio
Sovranti
Steeped Games
Story Machine Games
Succubus Publishing
Tabletop Tycoon
Tea & Absinthe
TGG-Games
The Blonde Swan
The Castle Games
The Electronic Dice
The Evergreen Burrow
The Failed Superheroes Club
The Weathered Dragon
Tidbit Games
Timid Monsters
Unleash the Goddess
Vorpal Board
Warhammer
Wild Bill's Craft Beverage Co.
WizKids
Woodside Illustrations
Yarro Studios
23rd Century Productions
25th Century Games
Adam Watts
Aegis Creative Company
Arkenforge
Ars Invicta: Art by Charles Urbach
Art and Masks by Lisa Sell
Barrel Aged Games
BE game
Conquest by Para Bellum Wargames
Cosmodrome Games
CrowD Games
Cursed Crypt
Dark Moon Cards and Games
Dice Dungeons
Dinn Cards
Distrix Games

Posted by quarex

So, "Nrogjt Eue Ga,e.s"  Google guessed it was "Right Eye Games" but that does not seem to be a real company, nor does that leading "N" sit well with me thinking that is correct.  But "Night Eye Games" does not seem to exist, so sadly all that hard work and here I am just asking about your one typo, haha.

Pretty stoked though; I Googled a handful of those names I had never heard and I like the random gaming accessories I am seeing.

Though "Poorwill: Micro Manufacturing Bureau" has so little web presence that they only show up in this list.  And "RPG Travel & Tours" is very intriguing yet almost certainly not the London-based executive travel service that is coming up when I look into it.

But again, I absolutely love the "having no idea what I am walking into" nature of Gen-Con, so I only get more excited the more confusing things seem

Posted by kevinrg

Not my typo, it was listed as Nrogjt on the exhibitor list.  :)  (had screen scraped the list of 2019/2021 and pulled them down to do compares)

I assume Nrogjt Eue Ga,es is Bright Eye Games.

The person typing it appears to have had the wrong placement of their right hand so, all the letters that would have been typed with the right hand are shifted 1 to the right.

B=N, I=O, H=J, Y=U, M=,   

Posted by kevinrg kevinrg

Double post...

Posted by quarex

Haha, sorry!  And... brilliant!  Though now I am confused Google did not figure that typo out.  You would think it would know to shift weird errors like that over a letter.

And yes, clearly you are right that Bright Eye Games looks to meet the expectations of someone who would be attending.

Posted by sovietprince

not sure why so many are not coming or scaling down, things are getting better now and should only improve by sept 

Posted by traveller sovietprince

sovietprince wrote:
not sure why so many are not coming or scaling down, things are getting better now and should only improve by sept 
There is a lot of work involved working an event like this.  You have the usual issues we all face (travel and hotels).  But vendors also have to consider stock and staff.  Add to that vendors from outside the US have to consider that travel, as of the announcement of in-person gaming, was not normalized.  For them it makes more sense to skip than risk a commitment that they are barred from attending.

Posted by hahnarama sovietprince

sovietprince wrote:
Volunteers. Plain and simple. If you cant get people to show up and man your booth or run events you can't have a successful Con. 

It's 9+ days since hotel registration opened and there are still lots of rooms available downtown. 

If I were a betting man I would say only 27,000 show up this year. I'm not complaining it's just another SUCK FACT of the World we are living in. 

Posted by erkenney kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
I did a really fast compare.   I came up with about 255 returning, 209 gone from 2019 and 95 new in 2021.
Granted, that isn't accounting for places like Kingdom Death that are on the list, but have said they aren't going.   Hopefully it isn't a case of 'We paid for our spot in 2021 even though we aren't going so we can assure a 2022 spot.   Then that would really throw the list off.
Also, not sure what the normal return rate is for vendors and which vendors not going don't normally go every year or are even in business now (like Golden Bell Studios (if you have 30 minutes to spare and aren't familiar with them and the garbage fest that was Unbroken, go look it up)
Had these as new:  
eBay
Elf Creek Games
Enhance gaming
Eye of Newt Books Inc.
Featherstone Games
Fire Opal Media
Floral Frolic
Fogel Pens & Creations
Game Brewer
Gameboard
GameON! Travel Coin Set
Geeky Endeavors
Gemhammer and Sons
Ghost Galaxy
Hachette Boardgames
Henna Body Art
Hero Pins(TM)
Hero: Tales of the Tomes
Hibernacula
Jak Lore
Kobold Press
Last Mile Games
Mantic Entertainment
Meaca Art
Meloria Maille
Mid Level Meeple
Mobo Games
Monster Adventure Terrain
Moonrakers
Moonshot Games
Move Rate 20 Games
Mr Nice Guy Games
Naomi VanDoren
Nations & Cannons
Near Mint Games
Neddy Games
Nrogjt Eue Ga,es
One Method Monkey
Origami Whale
Pawley Studios
Peaceable Kingdom
Phase Shift Games
Poetic Earth Journals & Bags
Poorwill: Micro Manufacturing Bureau
PSC Games
RAD Dice and Gaming
Rather Dashing Games
Raven Press Maps
RPG Travel & Tours
Runaway Parade Games
Scallywags Int
Scott Rosema - Fantasy and Comic Book Artist
Shauna Aura Knight Mythic Arts
Skytear
Solis Game Studio
Sovranti
Steeped Games
Story Machine Games
Succubus Publishing
Tabletop Tycoon
Tea & Absinthe
TGG-Games
The Blonde Swan
The Castle Games
The Electronic Dice
The Evergreen Burrow
The Failed Superheroes Club
The Weathered Dragon
Tidbit Games
Timid Monsters
Unleash the Goddess
Vorpal Board
Warhammer
Wild Bill's Craft Beverage Co.
WizKids
Woodside Illustrations
Yarro Studios
23rd Century Productions
25th Century Games
Adam Watts
Aegis Creative Company
Arkenforge
Ars Invicta: Art by Charles Urbach
Art and Masks by Lisa Sell
Barrel Aged Games
BE game
Conquest by Para Bellum Wargames
Cosmodrome Games
CrowD Games
Cursed Crypt
Dark Moon Cards and Games
Dice Dungeons
Dinn Cards
Distrix Games

Mantic has been a vendor for a number of years.    They are not new.

Posted by kevinrg erkenney

erkenney wrote:Mantic has been a vendor for a number of years.    They are not new.

2019 had listed as Mantic Games.  2021 Mantic Entertainment so, my quick match didn't pick up on that.

Posted by kevinrg

I was definitely off on my scrub, but.. oh well.  At least they have a * for 1st time vendors now.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.