Official Gen Con App
Posted by njseahawksfan

Will the Official Gen Con App have the event listings like in past years?

When will it be live?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by qwaserity

Addenum: Will the lovely web page of events be on as well? I can't remember the name of it but it's a base page with the events information and it's done so well it compliments the official Gen Con event registration.

Posted by jillt

I use the events list into excel to find new stuff to eventually purchase even if not attending

Posted by helenbb

I had an App Store update to the Gen Con app a few days ago... I thought it might have something new, but instead it was still my events from the online version last year.

Posted by quarex qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
Addenum: Will the lovely web page of events be on as well? I can't remember the name of it but it's a base page with the events information and it's done so well it compliments the official Gen Con event registration.
You are probably thinking of GenCon.HighProgrammer.com, and considering Alan has not missed a year since he started I imagine it will return soon!

Posted by alans

Also this:
https://gencon.eventdb.us/

Posted by mikepmarkey

I just downloaded it from the app store. Looks like my schedule is current, with all the events I just registered for yesterday.  There's a way to search the current event catalog, too.  The maps are up, but I think they're the same generic maps with room numbers that wouldn't change from year to year.  The only part outdated is "Programs", which looks like a mix of 2019-2021 information.  I expect they'll update it again for 2021 since it's nearly perfect already.

Posted by aaronmlopez

My app still shows 2019 events mixed in with my 2021 schedule. 

The "Unofficial Gen Con App" hasn't been updated to 2021 yet. 

Posted by hahnarama

When are they planning to roll out an update? I just reinstalled it

Good News: My event are all listed as well as the forum warning I got 4 years ago :)

Bad New: Nothing pulls up on the maps 

Posted by alkorahil

Same here, my events are listed, map doesn't work

Posted by hahnarama

App just updated

Posted by kertdawg

I just installed the Android app. It's nice. It has my events. I can't seem to use the event list much, though. As I scroll, it seems to show the same events over and over. Almost like Groundhog Day, or maybe the Wheel of Time if you're into that. Does anyone know where technical feedback is most welcome? 

Posted by godhank5233

[This post has been removed]

Posted by aaronmlopez

My app (iOS) still shows 2019 events (along with the 2021 events)... Can anyone else confirm if their app no longer shows them? 

Posted by mikepmarkey

As of this morning, my Gen Con app no longer shows my friends' tickets unless I click on an event.  It's definitely 2021 events, though.

The Unofficial app is still 2019. 

Posted by jaffooli

Posted by jaffooli

Posted by hahnarama

I think we all agree the App is STILL not ready for Prime Time. 

Maybe they need to reach out to the developers of the unofficial App

Posted by zackwang

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.