Will we need the original Vaccine card or a copy?
Posted by donaldbain

The big question:  Do we have to show our original vaccine card or can we bring a copy?  How about a photo on our phone? 

Follow up:  is this every day or are the wrist bands reusable?  Can they go on our badge holders?

Posted by toxic_rat

Definitely need to get a badge ribbon that says 'Vaccinated' on it.

From the info given on the Discord server, a physical card will be required.  No word yet on if a copy will be okay.  The wristband will be a one time thing, unless it gets damaged, and then you get a new one.

Posted by mikeboozer

We will update you as we have more information on exact procedures. 

Stay tuned!

Posted by donaldbain

Thanks.

A ribbon or something that would go on the badge would be more noticeable and less in the way than a wristband. 

Posted by kevinrg donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
Thanks.
A ribbon or something that would go on the badge would be more noticeable and less in the way than a wristband. 

Colored lanyards or stickers on the badge seem easier.

Posted by lore seeker

Yeah, I'm hoping a copy is okay. I worry about my card falling apart in my wallet over time, and laminating it is probably not a good idea since booster doses seem to be on the way.

Posted by jzilla

This will probably have to be something that a designated official at the health station has to be able to put on you that you could not easily remove and transfer to another person. I'm not sure a ribbon or lanyard would work. A sticker might be ok if it's made from security-enabled material but it would likely need to be placed in the same area for all people so safety personnel know where to look at all times. A wrist might be an Occum's Razor as the people tasked to check will have (in most cases) 2 locations to train their eyes on.

Posted by dballing kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
donaldbain wrote:
Thanks.

Colored lanyards or stickers on the badge seem easier.

They're also a lot easier to hand-off to non-vaccinated people, which renders them useless.

Tightly attached wristbands work much better for this purpose. Its exactly why they're used for multi-day concert festivals all over Europe. :-)

Posted by colbrook

Some of our local resorts use a wristband made of durable fabric locked with a tamper proof plastic clip, they're durable enough to survive a fortnight of swimming, watersports, bathing, and drinking. 

Posted by squirecam

Is there an option being considered to upload the card into a database before the convention?

I have no problem bringing mine. But if I could upload one, and others could, it might shorten wait time or the info could be pre-printed on the badge.

Posted by mikeboozer squirecam

squirecam wrote:
Is there an option being considered to upload the card into a database before the convention?
I have no problem bringing mine. But if I could upload one, and others could, it might shorten wait time or the info could be pre-printed on the badge.

This will not be an option. No time to implement, badges begin printing in less then a month.

Mike

Posted by david campbell

New York provided, along with the cards, a validation card available on an app, so I can carry it on my phone. Would prefer to use that if possible? I don't know how many other states have other processes, but wanted to make sure these means were under consideration. I know it's too soon to say for sure, just wanted to be on the radar.

Dave

Posted by squirecam mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
squirecam wrote:

This will not be an option. No time to implement, badges begin printing in less then a month.Mike
understood. Tyvm.

Posted by brewski

Indiana Department of Health on Meridian st up in Indy sent those in Indiana a text when they became vaccinated to download a digital certification of their vaccination to be saved on a device for easy access.
Will that be proof enough for the band along with ID?

Posted by mikeboozer brewski

brewski wrote:
Indiana Department of Health on Meridian st up in Indy sent those in Indiana a text when they became vaccinated to download a digital certification of their vaccination to be saved on a device for easy access.
Will that be proof enough for the band along with ID?

We will update you as we have more information on exact procedures. 

Stay tuned!

Posted by colbrook

If I can jump on this thread with another question, what about international attendees who have cards from non-US health agencies (can be accompanied by proof of residence in that country) 

Posted by cinnibar david campbell

david campbell wrote:
New York provided, along with the cards, a validation card available on an app, so I can carry it on my phone. Would prefer to use that if possible? I don't know how many other states have other processes, but wanted to make sure these means were under consideration. I know it's too soon to say for sure, just wanted to be on the radar.
Dave
Also California, since they had that lottery, has provided for residents to get a digital certificate along with a QR SHC authentication code for medical scanners.

Posted by qwaserity

My work place gave us a security badge if we were vaccinated. I'll just tote that around in my badge holder.

I wish us older folks could just pull up our sleeves and show you where we were permanently scarred by the small pox vaccine. I'm 52 years old and I still have "the mark".

I might get a tshirt printed showing my vaccination schedule that list every shot I've ever had (polio, rhubella, small pox, measles, covid, tetnius) with the words "Vaccinated. Stop asking."

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.