Beer Garden / Kickoff event?
Posted by mjhan300

Does anybody know if anything is going on Wednesday night as in the past as a beer tapping / beer garden event? We really enjoy getting into town early and hanging out in the beer garden to start the event.

It doesn't look like there is any "official beer of GenCon 2021" that I found.

Are the food trucks going to be present this year too? Thats one of my favorite parts of the trip!

Posted by narzat

Genevieve, a Belgian-style Amber ale from Sun King Brewery returns this year as the official beer of Gen Con, per their Facebook post from early July.  They say there will be a Block Party this year, but I haven’t seen details.  

Plenty of discussion about food trucks in the Travel Housing and Dining subforum.

Posted by hahnarama narzat

narzat wrote:
Genevieve, a Belgian-style Amber ale from Sun King Brewery returns this year as the official beer of Gen Con.....

I was there on Saturday having some of the FANTASTIC Funnel cake Ale....Hmmmm FUNNEL CAKE...oh I digress, Anyway I was talking with the bartender and I asked him "They brewed this new again right?" and his reply was "uh ya sure they did" I'm not saying they didn't brew a fresh batch but check the expiration date on your cans :) 

Posted by ungmar9567

The Genevieve was pretty good. But there will be a lot of Oktoberfest styles out by mid-September. I am down with those.

And if we are talking about beer (and food), I went to Goodwood (where The RAM used to be) for Pop Con. It was very similar. 

Posted by hahnarama

Sun King released their Oktoberfest  last Friday 

Posted by brewski

I volunteer to consume all expired beer if need be....

Posted by hahnarama

I hereby grant a +6 to Brewski's CON 

Posted by alkorahil

Where is this beer garden at?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

In past years it was located on Georgia street across Capitol street outside the ICC's east entrance.  That's where all the food trucks were located.  Not sure if it will be the same this year, but likely.

Posted by alkorahil buffythecatslayer

Thank you for the info

buffythecatslayer wrote:
In past years it was located on Georgia street across Capitol street outside the ICC's east entrance.  That's where all the food trucks were located.  Not sure if it will be the same this year, but likely.

Oh ok got it.  Thanks for the info!

Posted by narzat

From today's email blast:

Sun King Beer Garden on Georgia Street
Sun King Brewery will offer a variety of award-winning craft beers, including Genevieve, the Official Beer of Gen Con 2021, as well as Sun King Hard Seltzers.  
Beer Garden Schedule  
Wednesday: 5 pm – 9 pm
Thursday – Saturday: noon – 9 pm

Sun King To-Go
New this year, attendees 21+ can purchase beer to-go from the Sun King Brewery Beer Garden on Georgia Street. Note: To-go purchases may not be consumed in the Beer Garden.

Posted by hahnarama

I was hoping they meant growler refills... They said no :(

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.