My badge just arrived
Posted by hahnarama

how about some happy news for these here forums....my badge just arrived. It's starting to feel a little more real :)

Posted by quarex

The badges look fantastic, too, I have to say.  Well, O.K., at least the top parts that people are actually showing online do :)

Posted by kevinrg

Honestly, got it and was like *shrug*.   In hindsight, I should have just sat it out this year.  Not for fear of what is going on or anger of what is being done, but just seems like too much angst/drama everywhere you turn which massively tempers my looking forward to Gencon this year.

Posted by kellishaver kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
Honestly, got it and was like *shrug*.   In hindsight, I should have just sat it out this year.  Not for fear of what is going on or anger of what is being done, but just seems like too much angst/drama everywhere you turn which massively tempers my looking forward to Gencon this year.

And the year before it was drama over some guest speaker and the year before that it was probably something else and... you'll always have a vocal minority complaining about something on the internet. Don't let it ruin your con. Ignore the forums for the next month and once you're there, the majority of people won't care and will just be happy to be out of the house, gaming, and having a good time. 

Believe me, I completely understand where you're coming from and I know it's easier said than done, but it would be a shame if a small but loud group of people who'll likely end up not attending anyway spoiled the convention for you. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen.

Posted by mark_a

Mine just arrived, too!

Posted by alans

Waiting...waiting...

Posted by brewski

I bet the will call line will be super short this year..

Posted by hahnarama kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
..... but just seems like too much angst/drama everywhere you turn which massively tempers my looking forward to Gencon this year.

Yes its going to Gen Con at the old MEC with a sub 30,000 crowd. 

Yes there were so many fewer event choices to chose from

Yes 80% of my core group of 40+ out of town friends will not be there

Yes the after hours suite my friends in the hotel will be severely limited...

But this is still going to be the best [insert your favorite expletive here] Gen Con EVER!

Gen Con is what you make it. It's all about the attitude in your head going in.

GAME ON! 

Posted by rich hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
kevinrg wrote:
..... but just seems like too much angst/drama everywhere you turn which massively tempers my looking forward to Gencon this year.

Yes its going to Gen Con at the old MEC with a sub 30,000 crowd. Yes there were so many fewer event choices to chose from
Yes 80% of my core group of 40+ out of town friends will not be there
Yes the after hours suite my friends in the hotel will be severely limited...
But this is still going to be the best [insert your favorite expletive here] Gen Con EVER!
Gen Con is what you make it. It's all about the attitude in your head going in.
GAME ON! 
Hear, hear! 

Posted by quarex kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:Honestly, got it and was like *shrug*.   In hindsight, I should have just sat it out this year.  Not for fear of what is going on or anger of what is being done, but just seems like too much angst/drama everywhere you turn which massively tempers my looking forward to Gencon this year.
Actually compared to just about every other aspect of modern life, Gen-Con conversation is remarkably positive, in my experience.  I mean, an announcement mandating masks at an event where we briefly thought we might not have to wear masks was mostly greeted with "yeah, that is cool" rather than LAWSUITS AND PROTESTS AND THREATS so hey, I will take it!

Posted by aaronmlopez

My badge-n-tix are still in the "label created" stage. Just out of curiosity (since it has been a really long time since I have had mine mailed to me), what happens if it doesn't ship in time, or doesn't arrive in time? I guess you just go to Will Call and let them know and they take care of it there? 

Posted by hahnarama

A tracking number will show up in packets, if it already hasn't done so. You are also required to sign for it when it arrives. I say give it 2 weeks then reach out to them 

Posted by helenbb aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
My badge-n-tix are still in the "label created" stage. Just out of curiosity (since it has been a really long time since I have had mine mailed to me), what happens if it doesn't ship in time, or doesn't arrive in time? I guess you just go to Will Call and let them know and they take care of it there? 

I would contact Gen Con customer service if they don't arrive by the beginning of September.

Posted by aaronmlopez hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
A tracking number will show up in packets, if it already hasn't done so. You are also required to sign for it when it arrives. I say give it 2 weeks then reach out to them 
I have it going to my office, so someone there should always be there to sign for it. The label was created Aug 5, so I think I'll be okay. But I am getting anxious! lol!

Posted by hahnarama

ok silly question without actually telling me your ID number on your badge is it a huge number or a smaller number?  

I'm just asking because maybe they're sending them out in numeric order. I have a VERY VERY LOW ID Number

Posted by aaronmlopez hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
ok silly question without actually telling me your ID number on your badge is it a huge number or a smaller number?  
I'm just asking because maybe they're sending them out in numeric order. I have a VERY VERY LOW ID Number

I really don't know. I've been attending for a long time (15+ Gen Cons). If I put my badge on the floor, it's a low number. If I put it on the ceiling, it's a high number. <ducks for cover>

Posted by donaldbain hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
I thought it was done alphabetically? 

Posted by fethbone donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
hahnarama wrote:
I thought it was done alphabetically? 
My impression was that it was also done alphabetically by the last name of whoever placed the badge order. In my group, the last names of the order-placers start with H, M, P, and W, and the H always gets their badges before the P and W. 

I also have noticed that even if I order more than one badge at the same time for my household, when the badges arrive the numbers are not sequential.

Of course, if hahnarama's last name starts with a letter after H, my hypothesis is disproved, as H got their badge today.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

In past years, my friend whose first name starts with a letter far after mine in the alphabet, and has a larger Gen Con ID has gotten his packet first. It might have to do with the event tickets and the order they're printed and organized, and have little or nothing to do with name or ID.

Posted by hahnarama

I still think its because of my Double 0 number :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.