Gen Con 2021 masks vendor
Posted by qwaserity

You knew this question was coming:

Is anyone selling Gen Con 2021 masks? I currently don't know if I have a good mask for Gen Con. My Grumpy Cat mask is so worn it doesn't hold tight, the masks I was given for work are cheap garbage and I seriously don't have a mask (except for one that may not qualify). And it's not because I'm anti-mask, I just need a new one for GenCon and if SOMEONE were to have a good fitting mask with the GenCon 2021 logo on it, I might just buy it. I haven't needed one for three months and sitting in a hot car has stretched out Grumpy Cat.

I know... Logisitics, overstock, time, money, etc... But if there's a way to make money off of this I'm sure someone will figure it out. If they want the money for the masks beforehand they could sell tickets to the "event" and then trade tickets for mask.

Someone figure it out and take my money!

Posted by aaronmlopez

RollACrit is the official merchandise vendor for Gen Con this year. They have masks available.

You can order them here

Posted by qwaserity

More choices please.

Posted by cinnibar

Yeah, I would expect the opportunity to slap a logo on some cloth and sell it would lead to a lot of convention mask options.  Kudos for using a decent mask to start with!

And as for time...well, this is not exactly a new thing to guess might sell this particular year.   I would hope more than one vendor worked out the costs along with the t-shirts they want to stock up on already.

Masks are the new fez.

Posted by grognard262

My wife and I bought a D&D masks off Amazon for giggles.  Aside from that I'm going to find the thinnest, most comfortable, easiest to breathe thing I can find that still technically (if barely) qualifies as a mask.

Posted by ungmar9567 grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
My wife and I bought a D&D masks off Amazon for giggles.  Aside from that I'm going to find the thinnest, most comfortable, easiest to breathe thing I can find that still technically (if barely) qualifies as a mask.
Exactly. I have a cloth mask with a Darth Vader design. Is it at all medically valid? Who cares. I just want to give the appearance of looking like I'm complying so I don't get hassled. 

And, actually, Gen Con sold a neck gaiter last year that came with the disclaimer "this is not medically approved" or something like that. But it LOOKS like a mask. 

Appearances are the only thing that really counts in this environment. If it looks like a mask, you're golden! 

Posted by quarex

I bought both of Offworld Designs' masks last year and, well, one was a neck gaiter and the other is the smallest mask I have ever tried to put on my face, so that was kind of a bust (I ordered the gaiter before the news on them not working came out).  I actually bet Rollacrit's single option might well be the best official choice released so far (though I did not order one).

Posted by brumcg

I ordered a variety of masks from RedBubble for Gen Con.

Posted by helenbb grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:

If you find something good, please post. The lightest ones I can find are usually the ones that suck into your mouth and nostrils when you breathe in... ugh. I like masks that are light, but provide a bubble of space around the mouth and nose.I've been using the Suay masks, but they are a bit expensive and they're wearing out, so I'd like to find something new. All the better if they are geek-themed!

Posted by grognard262 helenbb

helenbb wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:

If you find something good, please post.

After some experimentation, the most tolerable masks I've found are made of bamboo muslin gauze.  The fabric is super-soft and easy to breathe through.  Ideally with adjustable ear loops and a nose wire.  The nose wire lets you form the fit around your nose and seems to help a bit with glasses fogging.

Posted by qwaserity

I picked up a plague doctor's mask at a local discount place. It ALMOST fulfills the requirements but it has exhaust ports. I'm going to do some work on it and install an internal fan. I have a con next weekend so I'll give it a shot (mask not required yet there).

Posted by donaldbain

I used these in the waning days of the first lockdown and they were pretty comfortable for a 8 hour day at a desk job.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KGGSM37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Cotton with three layers as recommended so it's not too hot and doesn't suck up into your nose or mouth when you breath.  If you're on the line size wise, go larger. 

Posted by helenbb

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

@qwaserity  I thought masks with valves were not permitted any longer?

Posted by jedijawa74

I haven't seen anyone saying what kind of masks you have to wear.  Even a mask with a valve or a thin cloth mask will keep your spittle and exhalations from spreading far and wide.  Just get a mask, they are easy to find and Amazon.com will be glad to deliver one to you tomorrow.

Posted by donaldbain

https://gencon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404283558932-What-types-of-masks-are-acceptable-

Masks must cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides without gaps. Masks can be either manufactured or homemade and should be a solid piece of material without slits, exhalation valves, or punctures.

• Neck gaiters are acceptable if they follow the above guidelines
  • Bandanas are not acceptable
  • Face shields and/or goggles are not acceptable on their own but can be worn with a mask that follows the above guidelines

Mask wearing will be required in all indoor and crowded outdoor Gen Con spaces for all attendees. You must be wearing a mask while attending Gen Con Indy unless you are actively eating or drinking. We are dropping the previously announced option to show proof of vaccination to forgo wearing a mask at Gen Con.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.