Charity drop box for unused generics
Posted by buffythecatslayer

While Gen Con still uses paper generic tickets, there should be a drop box where you can simply drop any unused generics, and GC will donate that money to their charity partners.  In past years, I've often had a few generics come Sunday afternoon, and I wasn't going to waste time standing in line to get maybe $4-10 back, and I know plenty of other people who felt the same way.  So, the tickets were basically junk at that point.  It would be nice to be able to do something with them, and I think donating that extra money would be the best option.

Posted by lore seeker

I like that idea. I too have had unused generics at the end of Gen Con; it'd be nice for that money to go somewhere useful.

Posted by helenbb

In the past, I have donated unused generics to my favorite event organizers. They get the financial support they need and then they are more likely to return the following year. Win/win.

Posted by cinnibar

Unfortunately, the money goes back to system credit of the purchaser when/if turned in.  It is not given to whomever happens to drop tickets into this 'box' to pass around.

And if not redeemed, Gen Con still has the money.

Posted by helenbb

When I give my unused generics to event organizers, they turn them in and they get the money, as if I had used the generics to attend one of their events. I do not get system credit for them.

Posted by buffythecatslayer cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:Unfortunately, the money goes back to system credit of the purchaser when/if turned in.  It is not given to whomever happens to drop tickets into this 'box' to pass around.
And if not redeemed, Gen Con still has the money.

That's the way it works *now*, and you have to turn them in on Sunday.  Gen Con could easily change the way it works by providing a charity drop.

Posted by tdb

I think having the option to donate generics to the official charity is brilliant!  Thank you for the great idea, buffythecatslayer!

Posted by ascantla

That's an idea I think they should take note of. I know I've had left over generics and not wanted to mess with the returns at the end of convention. I think it would be another great way to give. 

Posted by hauntedcity

I love this idea!

Posted by aaronmlopez

I totally support this idea! 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.