Online game shop?
Posted by dreamitdoit

Will there be an online game shop this year? I found that to be a really useful and successful part of Gen Con Online 2020. I assumed it would be a part of Gen Con Online 2021, but I haven't seen any info on it yet.

Posted by hahnarama

Doubtful...pretty sure most Publishers are taking there stock to Gen Con. 

Posted by dreamitdoit

You may be right, for the publishers that are attending, but there are a large number that aren't this year.

And I think typically, Gen Con copies are sourced differently than games in distribution (sometimes being airshipped for the convention), and distribution, at least in some form, is how last year's store fulfilled as far as I could tell.

But just as easily someone could have decided that shipping was so unreliable this year that they didn't want to open a Gen Con game store.

Posted by quarex

I bet management knows the statistics on how successful the online Exhibit Hall was last year and as to whether it would make sense to put in the effort to create another one for a fraction of the previous audience and a fraction of the previous exhibitors.  Even though I totally see your point that for the international crowd and the exhibitors unable to attend it certainly might have enhanced the experience.

Posted by aurobora

So, will we get the damn game shop this year? The management knows the statistics on how successful the online Exhibit Hall was for the last year or maybe even more. However, do you think the game shop won't be successful? I guess most of us would be surprised and thankful for that. I believe dropping such a shop by New Year's Eve would be insane. By the way, guys, is anyone playing Apex Legends? Don't you want to play a couple of matches? I adore this game. The only thing I hate about it is the cheaters. Just look at this site. I bet you'll be stunned by how many cheats there are in this game. Because of that, I also cheated a couple of times.

Posted by roderick aurobora

aurobora wrote:
So, will we get the **** game shop this year?

Language!

Posted by traveller roderick

roderick wrote:
aurobora wrote:
So, will we get the **** game shop this year?

Language!

English!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.