Things I will really miss this year
Posted by pinheadjo

I will miss the pin bazaar...Had fun collecting some of the pins (never wanted to get the complete set...just the ones I liked). 

The main hallway massage area....nothing better than a deep back rub / leg massage after strolling for hours in the dealers hall.

The missing dealers...some of my favorites will not be attending...hopefully next year we will be back to normal...(fingers crossed)

The auction...nice place to rest my feet...and maybe bid on an item or two...along with selling some stuff the help finance my trip!

But...really ready to get to GENCON!
pinhead

Won't miss the HUGE crowd...will be nice to sort of slip back a decade or two in attendance size. 

Posted by lore seeker

I'll definitely miss the consignment store and the Battletech Pods this year (back in 2022, I hope). But I'll be glad to be back in Indy all the same.

Posted by helenbb

True Dungeon

NASCRAG (tournament)

Breathing (not so easy to do with a mask on)

Posted by kellishaver

The pin bazaar is happening for both in-person an donline. I think there's even a pin trading event.

Posted by dukejohn

Posted by pinheadjo kellishaver

kellishaver wrote:
The pin bazaar is happening for both in-person an donline. I think there's even a pin trading event.
I never saw it anywhere...that is good to know.

Posted by aaronmlopez

I have determined that no matter what, the ONLY thing I will miss this year is NOT having a Gen Con last year! Yes, this year will be different, but no matter what, it is WAY better than not being able to have a Gen Con at all!

Posted by kevinrg

I'll miss the auction, the convention not being open past Midnight and Lucas Oil not being part of GC. 

Posted by quarex

Auction action is how I spend the majority of my waking hours most Gens-Con, so yeah, that is definitely a huge loss for me (and for the convention as a whole, obviously) this year.  Finding a positive within that huge negative, I also loved Gen-Con for years before discovering the Auction in like 2004, so that is yet another aspect that will help this feel like a 1990s throwback convention for me.

Particularly as I ... signed up ... for ... events???  Who even am I?  Most years I know I will end up scheduling a game at the same time as an Auction section I cannot miss and end up cancelling the event, to the point that I basically stopped signing up for events entirely about 10 years ago.  Going to be quite the difference this year with like OVER ONE GAME PER DAY!  WOW!

Posted by rich

Miss having my group along. First solo Gencon out of 37.

Posted by ungmar9567 rich

rich wrote:
Miss having my group along. First solo Gencon out of 37.
I know what you mean. A couple of my gang might be there, but it won't be the same as in recent years.

Posted by ungmar9567 aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
I have determined that no matter what, the ONLY thing I will miss this year is NOT having a Gen Con last year! Yes, this year will be different, but no matter what, it is WAY better than not being able to have a Gen Con at all!
That is a very good way of looking at it! I really want to see what it will be like this year. It will be one of those "you had to be there" moments.

Posted by ungmar9567

I will miss what I had gotten used to ... which was being there with my usual group, and The RAM doing their thing, and being able to walk around the convention center after midnight just digging it.

But I am kind of looking forward to a smaller crowd. Maybe the Exhibit Hall will be easier to negotiate. This year might be like when I first started to go to Gen Con in the '90s. 

Whatever it is this year, I'm just glad I can be there.

Posted by quarex

Heck yes.  Do not underestimate the power of being able to tell people you were at Bizarro 2021 Gen-Con and how these young whippersnappers do not even know how good they have it!

Posted by fritzbgb

There's one old friend of mine I first started talking to on message boards in 2003 who I meet in person during GenCon.   He's now part of a small game company that's exhibited at GenCon since 2017, but they're skipping this year, for mostly obvious reasons.   I'll miss seeing the guy and his lovely wife in person; ah well.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.