Dear Gencon - Signs about "Designated Areas"
Posted by papabees

So some early attendees have posted pics of signs inside the ICC of only being allowed to eat or drink in "designated areas". This is the first I have seen or heard of this as a guideline. The health and safety blog stated you needed to wear a mask "unless you are actively eating or drinking". No mention of area restrictions.

So if I am in a 6-8 hour game, is security going to hassle me if I have a drink and or some food with me at my game table. I realize there are some that will keep a bottle in their lap and be "drinking" but to have to basically not be able to eat or drink for an extended period of time is pretty disappointing.

I can find nothing written in the policies anywhere about "designated areas". What gives? 

Posted by brooks papabees

papabees wrote:
So some early attendees have posted pics of signs inside the ICC of only being allowed to eat or drink in "designated areas". This is the first I have seen or heard of this as a guideline. The health and safety blog stated you needed to wear a mask "unless you are actively eating or drinking". No mention of area restrictions.
So if I am in a 6-8 hour game, is security going to hassle me if I have a drink and or some food with me at my game table. I realize there are some that will keep a bottle in their lap and be "drinking" but to have to basically not be able to eat or drink for an extended period of time is pretty disappointing.
I can find nothing written in the policies anywhere about "designated areas". What gives? 

From Mike Boozer with Gen Con:

Yes, it is perfectly reasonable to take a sip of water at your gaming table. It is not an excuse to keep the mask off because "You're drinking" every once and a while.

Mike

Posted by papabees brooks

brooks wrote:
papabees wrote:

From Mike Boozer with Gen Con:Yes, it is perfectly reasonable to take a sip of water at your gaming table. It is not an excuse to keep the mask off because "You're drinking" every once and a while.
Mike
Good. Reasonable was what I was hoping for.

Posted by brooks papabees

papabees wrote:
brooks wrote:
papabees wrote:

From Mike Boozer with Gen Con:Yes, it is perfectly reasonable to take a sip of water at your gaming table. It is not an excuse to keep the mask off because "You're drinking" every once and a while.
Mike
Good. Reasonable was what I was hoping for.

It's going to be very odd this year at the convention and I'm just going with don't be a jerk by trying to game the mask rules and don't be a jerk by assuming anyone else is trying to game the mask rules. 

Posted by helenbb

I’m at Trade Day today. They asked that if we are eating or drinking that we tty to take small bites/sips and ‘slip it under our mask’. So for example, I have cans of soda, but I brought a straw. The straw slips under the bottom of my mask so that I can take a drink.

Posted by kiemeo

[This post has been removed]

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.