Removing game ticket after purchase
Posted by wolverine789

I was wondering if I would be able to drop one event that I've already paid for to add another event.

Posted by brooks wolverine789

wolverine789 wrote:
I was wondering if I would be able to drop one event that I've already paid for to add another event.

Mouse over your name in the upper right-hand corner of the window and click on "My Transactions." Once in that screen there will be an option to return tickets. 

Posted by wolverine789 brooks

brooks wrote:
wolverine789 wrote:

Mouse over your name in the upper right-hand corner of the window and click on "My Transactions." Once in that screen there will be an option to return tickets. 

Does it give you the option to pick which ticket that you want to return or does it return all tickets on that transaction?

Posted by brooks

Once you click on return tickets, there will be checkboxes where you can select individual events. 

Posted by mikeboozer wolverine789

wolverine789 wrote:

You can from your home or Transactions page.
Click refund and check the box of the ticket(s) you want refunded.

This option is only to return tickets yourself to System Credit only!

If you want a refund to your original form of purchase email [email protected] with your ID number and list the ticket ID's and names on the tickets you want refunded. There is a 5% return fee per tickets:

https://www.gencon.com/attend/terms_of_service

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by boc_mage

Thanks to Gen Con staff as I sent an email today and in less than 15min got an acknowledgement that tickets was refunded, waiting on my money is back due to banks being banks. Much better than last years experience refunding tickets.

Posted by dbs

EDIT: Never mind, problem solved.  Gen Con customer service is awesome.

Posted by moxdds

Posted by moxdds

Can I still drop an event so I can add another? I don't care about a refund, I just want to do a different event but the system won't let me because of scheduling conflict.

Posted by austicke moxdds

moxdds wrote:Can I still drop an event so I can add another? I don't care about a refund, I just want to do a different event but the system won't let me because of scheduling conflict.

Same answer. You can return electronic tickets online now but need to wait for Gen Con to return paper tickets.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by cmegus

You know, returning is one thing, and I don’t even mind waiting for any refund and such, but there has to be a way to drop events so something else can be booked in that time slot. 

Seriously, the 1900s just called and they want their century back. 

:)

G

Posted by austicke cmegus

cmegus wrote:You know, returning is one thing, and I don’t even mind waiting for any refund and such, but there has to be a way to drop events so something else can be booked in that time slot. 

'Return', 'drop': same thing. Paper tickets can only be returned, dropped, refunded, exchanged (pick your verb) once Customer Service opens at Gen Con on July 31.

Posted by cmegus austicke

austicke wrote:
cmegus wrote:You know, returning is one thing, and I don’t even mind waiting for any refund and such, but there has to be a way to drop events so something else can be booked in that time slot. 

'Return', 'drop': same thing. Paper tickets can only be returned, dropped, refunded, exchanged (pick your verb) once Customer Service opens at Gen Con on July 31.

Why?

Why do I have to waste my time standing in line again to return tickets?

Seriously..

G

Posted by austicke

Because that's how Gen Con setup their process. The paper tickets are in your hands or sitting at Will Call, which means returns have to wait until Customer Service opens at the con. They're moving to electronic ticketing to avoid the restriction.

Posted by armadilloal cmegus

cmegus wrote:
austicke wrote:

Why?Why do I have to waste my time standing in line again to return tickets?
Seriously..
G

Because once the ticket is printed, they can't give you a refund until they have the ticket in their hands.  It's kind of hard to do that on site without forming a queue.

Posted by selene314 cmegus

cmegus wrote:
Why?Why do I have to waste my time standing in line again to return tickets?
Seriously..
G

Because if you don't give back the physical paper ticket, you (or someone else) could still get into the event with it.

Yes, it sucks that there's such a long dead period between the tickets being mailed and Customer Service opening on site. 

Posted by thomas28202

Yes, I know there's a 30 minute conflict between a game that just got added and an informal 2 hour meetup that I signed up for months ago.  Please let me do it anyway.

Posted by braewe

The reason they do not allow overlapping events, in general, is because then whoever got a nice low number could pick up a TON of valuable wanted tickets and just sit on them.

This won't help you this year but I generally don't sign up for those meetings and seminars early unless I KNOW that A) I really must attend this and B) So does everyone else and it will sell out otherwise.

Got stuck in that position before, but I can understand the logic. Just imagine if the first person snagged all the D&D Experience tickets, Cthulhu, etc. I know they don't allow reselling of tickets but you can't really PREVENT it since the name on the ticket does not have to match the name on the badge. Going to electronic will help this situation a lot, but it's going to be gradual.

Posted by thomas28202

First Gencon in a long time.  I didn't realize that "must do" events would be added in the final days before the con, and that I wouldn't be able to make changes to something I registered for in May.  I'll know better next year.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Next year it will hopefully be less of an issue as more events move to e-tickets.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post