“L” now

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

"M"

Normal
Small
Posted by kellishaver

Seems like you guys are working through these a lot faster than last year, but I could be mis-remembering. 

Normal
Small
Posted by kevinrg

Badge is on the way however, noticed in the packets that didn't have all the tickets listed.  Oddly enough, all the CMON events I signed up for aren't listed.  Didn't know if those were coming seperately or just didn't show in the packet listing

Thanks in advance

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
Badge is on the way however, noticed in the packets that didn't have all the tickets listed.  Oddly enough, all the CMON events I signed up for aren't listed.  Didn't know if those were coming seperately or just didn't show in the packet listing

Are they electronic tickets?

Normal
Small
Posted by kevinrg austicke

austicke wrote:
=inheritAre they electronic tickets?

*Ding*  Winner.   

Missed that completely.  Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Shake the envelope - the electrons often get stuck at the bottom. 

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner

I checked my packet and a label has been created but hasn’t done anything further for three days, did this happen to anyone else?

Normal
Small
Posted by cmegus

Yes. And it is ok.

When a packet is created, it means they created the mailer through USPS. It does not mean USPS has the package yet. It’s not like they take it to the post office and mail it... way too many packets for this.

They do this on site wherever they are in the Seattle area. After 1 business day, not including weekends, USPS picks it up and THEN the status changes to in_transit.

So, if it was created on Friday or late Thursday, sometime today on Monday it will change to in_transit.

Then you can follow it across the country in detail. I get texts all the time telling me which distribution center for USPS has it currently.

G

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner

Thanks for the reply, that’s what I was figuring, just making sure.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

"P"

Having a label created just means that your packet has been printed.
Not assembled, or actually picked up by USPS.

Give it a few days to see it actually move from one place to another. Seattle is the origin city.

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314 shadowsummoner

shadowsummoner wrote:
I checked my packet and a label has been created but hasn’t done anything further for three days, did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, it happened to me too. Label created late Thurs night/Fri morning, still hasn't moved.

Last year I think mine printed on the Monday, so I knew there would be no activity over the weekend. Was getting a little worried about the continued lack of updates today, but probably Gen Con hands them all off to USPS at end of business.

Normal
Small
Posted by solumar

Just got my shipping notice.  Letter 'Q'.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

"S" 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Thanks for the updates, Mike. Very helpful.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

...and yes we are moving through faster this year even with quite a bit more packets to ship than last year.

As  always remember that you or someone must sign for your packet. If it is returned to us it will be waiting in Will Call which opens on Wednesday July 31st at noon and is open 24 hours a day!

Be sure you tell the person that you have a returned USPS packet to avoid confusion.

If you are missing a lanyard you can pick one up at any registration desk in the main area Wabash concourse.
We do not guarantee that you will get a lanyard, and do not ship them out if they are missing!

There will be plenty onsite!

Let us know if anything else is missing and make sure it is not an E-Ticket or supposed to be in Will Call or delivered to someone else or eaten by your dog, ferret, cat, or snake.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by storm46

If we need to sign for it will they tell us what time it’s supposed to get here?

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

The Post Office is not going to give you a specific time; it should come with your regular mail delivery. 

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

USPS shipments are completed and all have left our offices!

Pretty sure the Post Office does not give out delivery times.

If The Post Office delivery misses you please call them to see if they are re-delivering or if you can come pick it up before they send it back to us!

All return packets can be picked up onsite at Will Call beginning Wednesday July 31st at noon. Will Call is open 24 hours a day after that!
Please let them know that you have a returned USPS packet to avoid confusion.

Mike Boozer 
Customer Service & Event Team Manager 
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by sodeak buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
The Post Office is not going to give you a specific time; it should come with your regular mail delivery. 
actually, informed delivery will give you the estimated time of delivery when the packet reaches the post office that serves you.  It can do this because the scanners we’re required to carry with us at all times have continuous wi fi upload with gps tracking so we can’t slack off, and it knows the general timing for when we get to your residence 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post