GenCon On-Site Games on Demand 2021 - Any Interest?
Posted by saintandsinner

Hey Everyone,
GenCon On-Site Games on Demand is looking for in-person GMs to run games at GenCon 2021 in Indianapolis, IN from September 16-19, 2021. We need enough GMs to run 3 concurrent tables of games in the morning and afternoon of each day of the convention and would love to have you join us!

How Does Volunteering Work?

• All games need to be 4 hour one-shot tabletop RPGs
  • We will also need help hosting the registration table.
  • We will make schedules work as best we can. The earlier you let us know the better.
  • We do our best to make sure everyone gets a table, but sometimes there won’t be enough players for every GM to run a game in every slot they’d like.

Time is of the essence. We need to confirm the event with GenCon ASAP.

Thank you!
GenCon On-Site Games on Demand 2021

Posted by tralex

I am hoping to GM this year. You don't leave any information about how to sign.up.

[email protected]

Posted by jpederso

I would love to try my hand at running an 1 edition D&D game (I've done it at smaller cons but would love to try it at Gencon).  I would need to know more information.  Who sets the prices and gets the revenue ( Could I donate mine to Gencon charities?).

Posted by mattthetechnician

I am a huge proponent for Kingdom Death Monster and have lots of experience teaching and moderating games as GM. I’ve done this at other gaming conventions as well. I would be interested in running two 4 hour sessions per day with a 30-60 minute break between them as GM/teacher for Kingdom Death Monster.

Each “Lantern Year” of a campaign usually takes 1.5-2.5 hours spending on the experience of the players. Therefore 4 hours will see the players through at least one, possibly two years in the game. New players can easily rotate in and out between 4 hour sessions, or even when a new lantern year starts mid-session. Instead of repeating the first one or two game years, I would be running a continuing campaign over the course of GenCon.

It was disappointing Adam Poots couldn’t set up a KDM booth this year, and that there are currently no KDM events planned. I spent over 24 hours playing at the 48 hour continuous Kingdom Death campaign that was run at GenCon 2019. That campaign had no shortage of players and spectators hoping to slide into a vacant seat. Hoping to get a campaign going this year as well.

Posted by saintandsinner

It does not look like there is sufficient interest to put together on-site Games on Demand this year at GenCon. Maybe next year. 

Posted by steveowen mattthetechnician

mattthetechnician wrote:
I am a huge proponent for Kingdom Death Monster and have lots of experience teaching and moderating games as GM. I’ve done this at other gaming conventions as well. I would be interested in running two 4 hour sessions per day with a 30-60 minute break between them as GM/teacher for Kingdom Death Monster.
Each “Lantern Year” of a campaign usually takes 1.5-2.5 hours spending on the experience of the players. Therefore 4 hours will see the players through at least one, possibly two years in the game. New players can easily rotate in and out between 4 hour sessions, or even when a new lantern year starts mid-session. Instead of repeating the first one or two game years, I would be running a continuing campaign over the course of GenCon.
It was disappointing Adam Poots couldn’t set up a KDM booth this year, and that there are currently no KDM events planned. I spent over 24 hours playing at the 48 hour continuous Kingdom Death campaign that was run at GenCon 2019. That campaign had no shortage of players and spectators hoping to slide into a vacant seat. Hoping to get a campaign going this year as well.

I've always wanted to try KDM.  I'd love to play if you set up a game.

Posted by jakel702

For future knowledge. I am at Gencon and I am very sad that yall are not here. you are missed :(

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.