2nd round of event submissions?
Posted by nebelwerfer41

So, the event list this year is even smaller than I anticipated. Will there be room for a second round of event submissions?

Posted by lore seeker

I saw a mention on the Baldman Games discord server that there are more events on the way, so I assume this isn't the full roster yet.

Posted by eldrad12000

I would hope no, I saw 7 larps. And was like....ugggh.

Posted by jpederso

I thought I saw that MU Skulls would be running Call of Cthulhu but didn't see any of their offerings - I hope there are later submissions.  

Posted by sulis

Not sure about MU Skulls, but I know You Too Can Cthulhu have several games.

Posted by marimaccadmin

New events will continue to be added, so do check back frequently.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by dringenbach

Do you know if new events will be added before July 11th? I would hate to build a schedule and then find a bunch of competing games that are offered at the same time!  Thanks!

Posted by kevinrg

The last time there was a Gencon like this con for me was about 1987.   I was just glad I was going and really didn't care what game I played as long as I was playing something.   I have some things on my wish list, but I truly don't care what I'm playing this year... I'll find something.

Posted by notavailableeither

Will there be a way on the Excel download to easily identify ones that have been added?  I've been reviewing what I downloaded today and would only like to review new ones as they come in rather than going through thousands of lines to find what wasn't there before?

Thanks!

Posted by qwaserity notavailableeither

notavailableeither wrote:
Will there be a way on the Excel download to easily identify ones that have been added?  I've been reviewing what I downloaded today and would only like to review new ones as they come in rather than going through thousands of lines to find what wasn't there before?
Thanks!

If the “high programmer” website becomes active you can search by the date added.

Posted by k_dog64 qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
Thanks!
If the “high programmer” website becomes active you can search by the date added.
gencon.eventdb.us is the site I have always used.  Updates 4 times a day and shows what was added each period.  Will also track ticket changes once events go live.

Posted by notavailableeither k_dog64

k_dog64 wrote:
qwaserity wrote:
Thanks!
gencon.eventdb.us is the site I have always used.  Updates 4 times a day and shows what was added each period.  Will also track ticket changes once events go live.

thanks for all the ideas!

also found that the last column of the spreadsheet is the date added 

Posted by mu skulls frank

Thanks for thinking of us! We are running games live at Gen Con 2021 but doing so outside of Gen Con Registration due to the 2021 registration requirements/restrictions. You can find more information here: http://www.muskulls.org/gencon2021.html.

Posted by francisca notavailableeither

Thanks!

I'm missing that too.  HiProgrammer has always done a great job, and the other place mentioned looks well done, too, but I'd prefer to grab the csv on my own, and can't seem to find.  (I am sure it is staring me in the face, somewhere.)

Posted by grognard262 francisca

francisca wrote:
I'd prefer to grab the csv on my own, and can't seem to find.  (I am sure it is staring me in the face, somewhere.)

www.gencon.com/downloads/events.xlsx

Posted by buffythecatslayer

It's always been this way, where events keep getting submitted right up to the deadline (and sometimes a bit past it), and events get approved and added to the list until the weekend before the convention begins. 

Do you know if new events will be added before July 11th? I would hate to build a schedule and then find a bunch of competing games that are offered at the same time!  Thanks!

We've always had to contend with late additions possibly overriding events you already picked.  You then just have to decide which is more important.

Posted by derekguder

Indeed. Event submission will remain open and we'll continue to accommodate event requests as best we can up until the convention, but there is a higher barrier to entry this year and we will likely not have as much time to coordinate with particularly complicated events.

There are no plans for a coordinated "second round" or "second drop" for events, and there is not a large backlog of pending events - aside from specific categories already mentioned elsewhere (anime, KID, Main Stage, streaming stage, etc.).

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by 9adam4 eldrad12000

eldrad12000 wrote:
I would hope no, I saw 7 larps. And was like....ugggh.

Our two larps just went live in the catalog today. So... slightly... better...?

Posted by soulcatcher78

My games were approved but only one showing that I see so far...slow loader maybe?

Posted by derekguder

If you are viewing events directly on our website, there should not be any real delay to load.

If you are looking on your EO/GM Dashboard, remember that if you are running enough events they will be broken up across multiple pages.

If you are looking for events that are Active, you can search in the general attendee interface to check, but make sure to confirm that your events were not simply Accepted for Consideration.

If everything looks correct but you can't find them online, email [email protected] with the game IDs so we can double-check the event details and make sure everything is in order.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.