Gamers Live!
Posted by helenbb

Gamers Live is always on my must-do list for Gen Con. I was so disappointed to not see them on the event schedule this year. I even checked last night just in case... and all I saw were the screenings of filmed events from prior years.

But then this morning, during event registration, I started seeing the events! It looks like they came in late, right before the event ticket booking went live. I figured I'd give them a signal boost, since these are normally premiere events at the show.

There will be new (unique) Gamers Live events on Thursday at 6:00 pm, Friday at 6:00 pm, and Saturday at 10:00 am. If you're looking for something fun to do for a couple of hours, you can't go wrong with these events. If you want to get an idea of what it's all about, you can get familiar with the universe by watching the Gamers Dorkness Rising film, which is available on Amazon Prime.

Posted by komoridarkclaw

I grabbed one show that fit around my other games. Definitely excited.

For other events (like the Magic: The Gathering events that were recently added) that you or anyone else is on the lookout for, check here: Gen Con Online 2021 Events (eventdb.us) Under the changes tab, they have any new/removed/returned tickets events every 6 hours, which is how I found The Gamers myself.

~Komori

Posted by dukejohn helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Gamers Live is always on my must-do list for Gen Con. I was so disappointed to not see them on the event schedule this year. I even checked last night just in case... and all I saw were the screenings of filmed events from prior years.
But then this morning, during event registration, I started seeing the events! It looks like they came in late, right before the event ticket booking went live. I figured I'd give them a signal boost, since these are normally premiere events at the show.
There will be new (unique) Gamers Live events on Thursday at 6:00 pm, Friday at 6:00 pm, and Saturday at 10:00 am. If you're looking for something fun to do for a couple of hours, you can't go wrong with these events. If you want to get an idea of what it's all about, you can get familiar with the universe by watching the Gamers Dorkness Rising film, which is available on Amazon Prime.

Thanks for the heads up - would have missed this without your post! :-)

Posted by helenbb

Glad to help! I know that these shows are normally very popular, and I figured that most people didn't know about them, given the number of tickets left.

Posted by castigere

Does anyone have thoughts on other live shows this year?  I'd like to do one; debating which.  I was terribly disappointed to see that Cards Against Humanity Live was not on the docket this year.  We saw that in 2019 and I can tell you the entire audience was busting a gut nonstop.  It was hilarious!  Maybe they will be back in '22. 

Anyway, I'm debating between Gamers Live and https://www.gencon.com/event_finder?search=%22Nerdprov+In-Person%21+Vaccinated+and+Nerdy+as+Heck%22 (Nerdprov's "Vaccinated and Nerdy as Heck").  

Posted by helenbb

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but Puppet Slam and Dub That Hentai have a lot of fans and are being held this year. Mikey Mason is also performing a few times.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.