Star Trek Ascendency
Posted by papabees

I could host/run a game if there are players interested? Post below.

Posted by hahnarama

Oh I would be down for that. Just depends when and where

Posted by aaronmlopez

I have not played that yet. But I am interested as well, depending on the day/time, of course!

Posted by dbbates

I also have never played, but have been wanting to try.  One of my traveling companions is also interested.  As others have indicated, it depends on where and when.  We are arriving in town early; we could avail ourselves as early as Wednesday 9/15th as well.

Posted by pshep999

Have nothing planned for Wednesday yet. Haven’t played but I would be interested. 

Posted by papabees

Okey Dokey. For reference it is typically about an hour per player in length. Since there is some interest I'll start thinking about a serious time. I know it will not be Wednesday as I'm not in till Thursday. Once they give some clarity about where "open gaming" is happening I'll try and get some details up. Or if one of ya'll know where there is typically a pretty good sized open table?

Posted by hahnarama

are you planning to use all expansions including the Borg?

Posted by papabees hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
are you planning to use all expansions including the Borg?
likely not the Borg as it creates more rules for newer players to deal with but all expansions yes. May hold Vulcans out of its primarily new players as they tend to be feast of famine of players don't really know the game.

Posted by alkorahil

I would be very interested in joining in!  I arrive Wednesday night.    Let me know a time you come up with.

I would agree about holding off on the Borg expansion, it changes the game significantly and add many more things to remember for new or inexperienced players.
I also agree about the Vulcans for new/first time players, but am not opposed to them being in the game.

Posted by papabees

I am leaning toward Friday at 10am. Given a higher player count and new players I'm guessing the game would be 6-7 hours in length. Are people still interested? Would try and shoot for the open gaming area at the hotels. 

Posted by alkorahil

That date and time would work for me.

Posted by hahnarama

Sorry I have to bow out..I have an event during that time

Have fun! 

Posted by papabees

OK. Confirmed we will be playing at 10am on Friday. Location is still TBD. The thought is to try and get in the hotel for open gaming As then masking could be left up to the individual to decide. I realize this is a hot button issue and don't mean to judge whichever way ones feels. Simply stating that if we are at a table with six of the same people the two guys running it are comfortable sans mask.

As tables can't be reserved, I'm not sure the best way to communicate to ya'll where we land. Ideas? 

Posted by dbbates

Alas, I believe I will have to bow out, but in case my situation changes, I'll be monitoring where you all land.  That way I can possibly swing by to observe how things are going.

Posted by papabees

Moved to this thread to give more details:

https://www.gencon.com/forums/84-open-gaming-forum-2021/topics/16898-star-trek-ascendancy-friday-10am

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.