Is it ok to use the #lfg-indy Discord channel for Wednesday gaming?
Posted by rfsullivan

Pretty much exactly what it says in the title; my plan is to be there Wednesday afternoon, and would be keen on either finding a group or getting something going myself. Is it acceptable to use the channel designated for Open Gaming pickup groups to look for a game or players on Wednesday evening in the connected hotels?

Also, while we're at it, is it ok to use this channel for games happening in the connected hotels during the convention proper?

Posted by rfsullivan

Self-bump for anyone interested, I asked the question over on Discord and the answer was "yep". 

Posted by helenbb

Or you could just post here and maybe get a group together before Wednesday. What are you going to play?

Posted by aaronmlopez rfsullivan

rfsullivan wrote:
Pretty much exactly what it says in the title; my plan is to be there Wednesday afternoon, and would be keen on either finding a group or getting something going myself. Is it acceptable to use the channel designated for Open Gaming pickup groups to look for a game or players on Wednesday evening in the connected hotels?
Also, while we're at it, is it ok to use this channel for games happening in the connected hotels during the convention proper?

That is absolutely forbidden (... go ahead and post it!... ), and should never be done (... the sooner the better ...). I arrive late Tuesday, or VERY early Wednesday AM ( ... make an LFG post in the Discord Server! ... ), so I would be interested in Wednesday gaming. (... I'll look on the Discord Server now ... )

(But I don't see a #LFG-INDY Discord channel...)

Posted by rfsullivan

Re: what to play, honestly I didn't have a plan at this point. From a few bad experiences with con travel, I hesitate to commit to running something and was leaning towards trying to get in on something when there. Being able to use Discord for that, especially if there was an official tool available, seemed more in line with that.

Re: the channel itself, they announced it in one of the previous email blasts, though I don't believe it will be going live until closer to the convention itself.

Posted by papabees

What is the discord channel ID?

Posted by bluesayshello papabees

papabees wrote:
What is the discord channel ID?
not sure, I know there’s a link on the main Gencon page down on the bottom right (look for the discord icon in the social media icons)
that icon links to https://discord.com/invite/gencon

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.