Gen Con Auction
Posted by mliddell9540

Any word yet if the auction will be returning this year?  Trying to reach the auction group but can't seem too.  Thanks.

Posted by austicke

Recent update from the Fans of Gen Con FB group: "No decision has been made yet."

Posted by quarex

I am an Auction regular and I can certainly say the vibe is more optimistic than last year, but yeah certainly nobody knows yet

Posted by sgibson260

Gosh I sure hope the auction (and auction store) is happening this year. I've got lots of fabulous stuff to offload....err, sell!

Posted by david campbell sgibson260

sgibson260 wrote:
Gosh I sure hope the auction (and auction store) is happening this year. I've got lots of fabulous stuff to offload....err, sell!

And I'll be right there to buy!

Posted by quarex

A couple of weeks after Gen-Con 2019 was the Vintage Computer Festival Midwest, and I caravaned up with a friend of mine.  At the end of the convention, he brought me over to his car and opened the trunk and showed me four huge boxes full of stuff he wanted me to sell at the Auction.  I said something like "oh my god, I do not have space for this" and he said "I am sure you can find somewhere to put it for 11 months" and I said "yeah, probably, but you owe me."

I have now moved those four boxes to three different homes and my fury grows by the day.  I mean, not really, I find it hilarious, but I feel like the conversation could not have gone any better to foreshadow just how much I failed to get those boxes out of my house after 11 months.  Maybe this year?!

Posted by marimaccadmin

I do fully expect it to happen this year.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lore seeker marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
I do fully expect it to happen this year.
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Woohoo!

Posted by jokerde

Any updates on the auctions? I love going to see it each year.   

Posted by jerrytel

This thread has more up to date information
https://www.gencon.com/forums/87-general-info-2022/topics/17379-is-live-game-auctions-coming-back

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.