Hopefully this means we are all but out of the woods
( Locked)
Posted by papabees

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/113253?fbclid=IwAR1MpFu2vNi1bltvJUTfRHKf4vt7rWyIvi5LEzuiVi5tm5APBf7-IbpJSjE

Omicron has spread like wildfire but good news today from the CDC in regards to natural immunity. Hopefully the combination of people who have been vaxxed in conjunction with the number of people recovered from infections will let us start putting the whole vaxxed/unvaxxed, masked/unmasked debate behind us. We can finally just start throwing dice in peace again.

Posted by joho

as long as that peace is masked and vaxxed in 2022 I'll see you there!

Posted by rfsullivan

This is pretty far from a happy ending, but it at least is an ending. 

Mask or no, vacc or no, I'm in, but this does give some hope for a con with reduced restrictions, since we've basically hitting the point where any human effort is just closing the door after the horse bolts.

Posted by werebat

Masks Forever!!!

Posted by elvinlord

Maybe 2023.  As soon as the new vaccine for omicron strain comes out there will be another big push to get people vaccinated.  People that aren't vaccinated will dig their heels in even harder, people that want to force people to get vaccinated will push even harder.  Maybe if it burns itself out we can get back to normal, that sure wont be this year. 

Posted by rfsullivan werebat

werebat wrote:
Masks Forever!!!
Real talk, my big (doomed) dream when this all started was that this would mainstream the idea of wearing a mask when feeling off, Tokyo style. We'd eventually beat the bug, go back to normal, and have a new tool to take some of the bite out of cold/flu season.

Looks like a hard "nope" on that one.

Posted by wjpennington

is there any hope Gencon will drop the mask mandate if things improve? I'm happy to show proof of vaccination, including an Omicron-specific booster when they are released but I won't attend if masks are required, as it will make the convention experience unenjoyable for me.

Posted by papabees wjpennington

wjpennington wrote:
is there any hope Gencon will drop the mask mandate if things improve? I'm happy to show proof of vaccination, including an Omicron-specific booster when they are released but I won't attend if masks are required, as it will make the convention experience unenjoyable for me.
Possible. I think they will likely follow the CDC recommendations and my speculation is barring an upshot in any new variants the current administration will want good reports from the CDC prior to the mid terms to help election chances. I imagine come August the picture painted will be fairly rosey.  

Posted by gamerguy12345

Posted by mikeboozer

We understand that there are a wide range of views. But debating them here really serves no purpose.We are locking this post an any further posts on the subject.Once Gen Con has issued some new information and updates on the policy we will allow some more posts if people have questions that we can answer.Mike

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.