Event totals
Posted by noone

Looking at the events I submitted on Jan 9th and ones I submitted today it looks like there are

5000+ events submitted so far

Posted by kevinrg

That just in person Gencon?   If so, anyone know how that lines up with previous years?

Posted by lore seeker

I think there were over 9,000 events in 2019.

Posted by noone

Also the event submission time is only 1/2 over so I say there will be at least 9000

Posted by helenbb

Also, I wonder if TD and Paizo and some of the other large event organizers have submitted their requests yet.

Posted by noone helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Also, I wonder if TD and Paizo and some of the other large event organizers have submitted their requests yet.
I don't know my very unscientific method is looking at the event numbers for events I submitted on Jan 9th vs the ones I submitted today

Posted by brooks helenbb

helenbb wrote:

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe Paizo is always fairly late in submitting events.

Posted by lore seeker brooks

brooks wrote:
helenbb wrote:

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe Paizo is always fairly late in submitting events.

I think I remember hearing that too, a while back.

Posted by noone lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
brooks wrote:
helenbb wrote:

I think I remember hearing that too, a while back.
oh and don’t forget the group that runs the magic events are ALLWAYS late submitting too.  Every year people complain that those events are not posted when registration opens.

Posted by armadilloal

I don't complain - it makes it very easy to not fall back into the "old comfortable" of playing Magic when I could be exploring new things and playing new games instead.

Posted by jpederso

From the Gen Con press release on 8/5/2019 there were "19,600 individually ticketed events in the Gen Con 2019 event schedule".   I'm assuming these were all in-person events

Posted by grognard262

You can see the historical pre-2021 event totals here.  2021 is still here.

Posted by colbrook jpederso

jpederso wrote:
From the Gen Con press release on 8/5/2019 there were "19,600 individually ticketed events in the Gen Con 2019 event schedule".   I'm assuming these were all in-person events
I don't think there was a Gen Con online in 2019

Posted by lore seeker grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:

Holy crap - 19,630 events in 2019! I don't know where I heard the 9,000 figure, but they were WAY off.

Posted by noone grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
too bad high programmer doesn’t do the events lists like he use too.  It was a very useful tool and have the older years to see which events had been ran in years past

Posted by kevincostello noone

noone wrote:
Looking at the events I submitted on Jan 9th and ones I submitted today it looks like there are
5000+ events submitted so far

Are we all 100% sure the "HP" will NOT do the usual awesome list?  I and our group always used that to plan, and we loved it.  Has that been confirmed?  I recall in 2019 that the list came out pretty late before the button push day.

Posted by kevincostello

Are we all 100% sure the "HP" will NOT do the usual awesome list?  I and our group always used that to plan, and we loved it.  Has that been confirmed?  I recall in 2019 that the list came out pretty late before the button push day.

Posted by jpederso

HP?  can you define?  Certainly not hit points.....

Posted by lore seeker jpederso

jpederso wrote:
HP?  can you define?  Certainly not hit points.....

High Programmer, I think.

Posted by quarex

He certainly did not do one last year, and with no comment on it, either, it seemed like he was done.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.