Any word on guest speakers/authors/crit role?
Posted by fogel pens and creations

Just wondering if any stars will be in attendance this year.  Author, Blaine Pardoe was there last year, but I read he won’t attend this year sadly.  Matthew Lillard and Steve Jackson were also there.  I am hoping that the cast of Critical Role will be there and some authors, perhaps even movie star gamers as well.

Posted by repto

I heard that Critical Role will be at C2E2 this year, which got bumped from its usual spot (early spring) due to COVID. C2E2 and GenCon happen in the same weekend this year (!).  A bummer for my family as that's one of our main convention outings each year. Alas, GenCon wins out, hands down, for this family. We've convinced our new daughter-in-law to join us this year!

Posted by quarex

What?  Wow, I thought AdeptiCon and Gary Con being the same weekend was dumb enough, this is now even dumber.

(And anyone for whom the other convention would win out is probably not really a gamer, I suspect)

Posted by storm1207 repto

repto wrote:
I heard that Critical Role will be at C2E2 this year, which got bumped from its usual spot (early spring) due to COVID. C2E2 and GenCon happen in the same weekend this year (!).  A bummer for my family as that's one of our main convention outings each year. Alas, GenCon wins out, hands down, for this family. We've convinced our new daughter-in-law to join us this year!
I have racked the interwebs to find out more about this rumor, and can find nothing of substance. Where did you hear or find it? 

Posted by hauntedcity

Ack! I just saw that Gen Con and C2E2 are the same weekend! 

I would love to meet Janet Varney at C2E2... If Kieron Gillen and Stephanie Hans (creators of the DIE comic who have attended in the past) are at C2E2 that could be a tipping point, even with Gen Con being my local con.

Hey, Gen Con!  Get Kieron Gillen and Stephanie Hans to come to Gen Con!  They should have their RPG kickstarter active or completed by then, so it's a natural.  HEY HEY! They could split the conventions: Thurs/Fri and Gen Con and Sat/Sun at C2E2.

... and if C2E2 poaches Critical Role from their rightful location at Gen Con...

Argh! I can't imagine missing Gen Con, but I'm so obsessed with Avatar/Korra and Die and Critical Role right now.

Posted by armadilloal

Critical Role announced that they would not attend Gen Con 2020 and that C2E2 would be the only con they attended in this part of the country way back in December 2019 - well before the pandemic affected/cancelled both cons.

It seems unlikely they'll return to Gen Con any time in the near future. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.