ALL RIGHT!!! The event list is LIVE
Posted by hahnarama

now its only 14 days until I suffer the annual soul crushing, heart breaking, agony of not getting any of the events I wanted to sign up for! LOL

Posted by donaldbain

In excel form.

https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/how-to-find-events

Links toward the bottom.

Posted by kevinrg

Hopefully there are more events by then otherwise I might be just pulling the plug on going unfortunately.   Most of what I might be interested in isn't present or only 1 event listed. *shrug*  Oh well.

Posted by quarex

If previous years are any indication, there will probably be 50% more events added by the time August 4 rolls around.  What in the world are you into that is not present, though?  Not that I am doubting it, just that I usually gauge if there are enough events by checking out the selection of obscure 1990s RPGs I used to be into, and they are back again this year, unlike last year!

Posted by lore seeker

What's with some of the Call of Cthulhu event ticket prices? I saw quite a few of them priced at over $20.

Posted by eldrad12000 lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
What's with some of the Call of Cthulhu event ticket prices? I saw quite a few of them priced at over $20.
People running the events get to choose what they charge. They know those events are popular and always in high demand.

Posted by kevinrg quarex

quarex wrote: What in the world are you into that is not present, though? 

Mostly board games and certain events that I don't currently see.  And the board games I'd be interested in trying out/joining I don't see more than a 1 event.  Hopefully it will change.

Although if the auction is 100% coming back, that will fill any holes, but haven't seen any official yes/no on that.

Posted by jhs lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
Some of the better known groups have dedicated rooms and give swag.  The last time I played one it was in its own space so was much easier to hear, had a projector set up, and gave a book to a couple of players determined by a vote of the players.  It was worth it to me.

Posted by mu skulls frank

The MU Skulls runs Call of Cthulhu events for the regular ticket price. This year please feel free to contact me at [email protected] to schedule a game outside of the official event schedule. www.muskulls.org

Posted by quarex

Yeah the Cthulhu game I played in last year was a bit expensive but I also ended up with like a hardback book and a few dice or something as a result of playing, so it seems like often the price makes some sense (but yes as MU Skulls Frank pointed out, there are exceptions)

Also, KevinRG, the Auction sounds like it is, say, 80% coming back?  Definitely hoping we get an answer before event registration, since it will impact how many things I sign up for for sure.

Posted by armadilloal

father bloodlust wrote:

You Too Can Cthulhu was given *the luxury suites at Lucas Oil Stadium* to hold events in private areas, which apparently don't come cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/youtoocancthulhu/posts/5300450160016337

Posted by hahnarama kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
Hopefully there are more events by then otherwise I might be just pulling the plug on going unfortunately.   Most of what I might be interested in isn't present or only 1 event listed. *shrug*  Oh well.

Hey hold out hope aka Gen Con is what you make of it. I know a LOT of the big boyz have yet to drop their events.

GAME ON! 

Posted by lore seeker

Saw the number of events jumped from exactly 10,000 yesterday to 11,788 as of now. Love seeing the numbers back to that level!

Posted by wavester

We put in hundreds of events equating to almost 800 tables of D&D games a few days ago. They'll show shortly we hope.

As to prices - supply and demand on some - for us it is that plus we pay/compensate all of our staff (including DM's) and as we all know those downtown hotel rooms are not cheap (and we book/pay for a few hundred each year).

Posted by qwaserity

As a regular I've seen good and bad games. Once was in a cheap D&D session that was so bad my friends and I skipped the second session. Last year I played in several sessions of the Harry Potter D&D which costs a bit more but was completely worth it. Your mileage may vary...

Posted by helenbb

The Harry Potter games (hosted by No Rails) will be back this year (I am DMing some of them). Keep in mind that it's not quite the same as Adventurer's League, as it is a bit of a homebrew (although it is based on 5e).

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.