Is “Live Game Auctions” coming back?
Posted by cmegus

Anyone know or hear anything about the Auction / Reserve coming back in 2022?

G

Posted by quarex

It has been frequently referred to as "likely" for this year, and was called "uncertain" last year, so at least we can take that as a positive sign?

It would be nice to find out by May 15, though, huh.

Posted by cmegus

Absolutely. Knowing before event picks on 5/15 would be very helpful, as I would not worry about filling time slots with events as much.

G

Posted by ndgeekboy

My fingers are crossed that the auction's going to be there, too. I have some things that're looking for a good home.

Posted by kevinrg

Really was hoping there would be official word by the time event signups happens.   Guess I'll have to assume no at this time and sign up for events.   If the auction is back, guess it is better to just cancel any events and get money back as credit for 23' rather than wait and be frozen out.

Posted by austicke

The auction is back this year. It seems silly to assume otherwise just because all the details have not yet been revealed.

Even so, it can’t hurt to sign up for other events if you wish. (Well, aside from any refund fees if you change plans later.)

Posted by kevinrg

Never seen anyone say 100% they will be back just shades of 'there is a good chance they will be back'.  Not sure why it is 'silly' to assume otherwise.

Posted by austicke

Sorry, it’s been stated a few times in a few different places that they’re returning this year, but I see now that it hasn’t bern stated so definitively in this topic.

Posted by kevinrg austicke

austicke wrote:
Sorry, it’s been stated a few times in a few different places that they’re returning this year, but I see now that it hasn’t bern stated so definitively in this topic.

Awesome..  thanks!

The last I saw on this forum that I remember was a post saying 80% likely.    Tried searching the other day and didn't see anything more (nor on their website) so figured it was still to be determined.

Posted by quarex

I am an Auction volunteer and can confirm that the "is it happening" is definitively yes, just waiting on them to finalize the announcement as to whether it is exactly as it last was in 2019 or if there are changes.

Literally no idea what the changes would be if there are any, though; it would be awesome if we had one more room of space but I seem to recall that was an impossibility 

Posted by lore seeker quarex

quarex wrote:
I am an Auction volunteer and can confirm that the "is it happening" is definitively yes, just waiting on them to finalize the announcement as to whether it is exactly as it last was in 2019 or if there are changes.

Woohoo!

Rummaging through the consignment store and listening to the auctioneering in the background noise as I did was one of the experiences I missed last year. Glad to hear it'll be back this year :)

Posted by jimmythesaint quarex

quarex wrote:
Literally no idea what the changes would be if there are any, though; it would be awesome if we had one more room of space but I seem to recall that was an impossibility 

That's great news.

Posted by quarex

Totally agreed with both of those comments!

I started volunteering in the first place because I had to accept that spending hours perusing the consignment stuff, and/or listening to the auctioneers doing their thing while examining the stuff I had already bought, had become my favorite part of the entire convention.

Being my favorite part of my favorite event is high praise!  Haha.  I always do my best to promote it to anyone who will listen.  I should really change my name to AuctionMan inspired by NASCRAGMan

Posted by fogel pens and creations

This will be my first time at or seeing the auction.  How do I go about entering lots into it for bidding?

Posted by austicke fogel pens and creations

fogel pens and creations wrote:How do I go about entering lots into it for bidding?

This site will eventually be updated.

Posted by quarex

Yes, I imagine the 2022 version of that page will go live soon, probably when they announce this year's event formally, along with any changes to the format (if there are any).

Posted by heidiking

I hope it goes live soon as I've got a couple of years' worth of backlog on items to submit. :)

Posted by marimaccadmin

I have been in touch with them, they do intend to come and just yesterday they said they were working on the website and would let me know when it was ready to go live so we could put that up on the website. So no worries! :)

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lore seeker marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
I have been in touch with them, they do intend to come and just yesterday they said they were working on the website and would let me know when it was ready to go live so we could put that up on the website. So no worries! :)
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Woohoo! :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.