Will the Mask Free Zone Return?
Posted by tdb

Last year there was a section of the ICC set aside for people to eat and drink without masks on, or simply have a chance to take the mask off for a little while.  It was really nice to have.

Will it make a return?  I see from the exhibit hall map that the space it was in has returned to the hall.  But there might be other options.

Posted by lore seeker

I imagine the food courts will be de facto mask free zones, since you need to remove them to eat. Beyond that though, I don't know.

Posted by kevinrg

I just went outside (or literally anywhere else in Indianapolis other than ICC)

Posted by cinnibar

I will ask if there is the mask-free or similar zone like Hall K, that the ICC be asked to turn on (and possibly mark) a couple outlets for mobility device charging in the area.  I couldn't use the area as my scooter was near-empty and none of the outlets were working I could plug in while eating.

I did find an unused working one outside the hall behind one of those monitors just outside the hall, but was still a worry if I would be stuck until I found power.

Posted by mikeboozer tdb

tdb wrote:
Last year there was a section of the ICC set aside for people to eat and drink without masks on, or simply have a chance to take the mask off for a little while.  It was really nice to have.
Will it make a return?  I see from the exhibit hall map that the space it was in has returned to the hall.  But there might be other options.

We will let you know when we know!

Mike

Posted by tdb

Bumping this now that policies are finalized.  Any update?

Posted by kevinrg tdb

tdb wrote:

Mike can confirm, but given the comments about masks/vax in ICC corridors, one would think that any eating/sitting area in the halls would be mask free by default making a designated area unnecessary.

Posted by lanogironu kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
tdb wrote:

Mike can confirm, but given the comments about masks/vax in ICC corridors, one would think that any eating/sitting area in the halls would be mask free by default making a designated area unnecessary. 

Maybe unnecessary but they had one last year even with a mask mandate, so I'm guessing there'll be a sectioned off mask free gaming area within the ICC again. Maybe not but based on last year I wouldn't be shocked to see one.

Posted by tdb kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
tdb wrote:

The rules for hallways were the same last year.  But the one thing the hallways lack is seating.  Being able to sit down with your mask off was a godsend.

Posted by donaldbain tdb

The maskless area was part of the regular exhibit hall, since it's all being used again I don't know where they'd put it.  As mentioned, the food courts should be open and are in the corridors, wouldn't serve the same purpose?

tdb wrote:But the one thing the hallways lack is seating.  Being able to sit down with your mask off was a godsend.
What? There is one bench per every 7500 attendees.  More than enough.

Posted by quarex

If there were more benches, how would the hilarious proliferation of photos of people passed out face-down on the floor continue?!

Posted by kevinrg quarex

quarex wrote:
If there were more benches, how would the hilarious proliferation of photos of people passed out face-down on the floor continue?!

Plus I'm sure security has been rehearsing their "You can't sit here" lines for the last few months.  "You CAN'T sit here..."  No.. "You can't sit HERE"..

Posted by papabees donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
The maskless area was part of the regular exhibit hall, since it's all being used again I don't know where they'd put it.  As mentioned, the food courts should be open and are in the corridors, wouldn't serve the same purpose?

There was also a large area in the middle of the main gaming hall last year. It was wonderful.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.