No CMON?
Posted by hannman

Looks like Gencon is back to normal this year.  The hall is going to be full, yes!  However, anyone know what happened to CMON?  I'm surprised they are passing when all the other big publishers will be here this year.  

Posted by brumcg

I'm assuming they will be under Asmodee's umbrella?

Posted by krayzie

they were originally missing from the exhibitor list then added then removed again. samething happened with iello. Z-man also doesn't seem to be there anymore. I am guessing zman will just be under asmodee and cmon will be with asmodee / spinmaster?

Posted by hannman

I’m mainly asking because I was hoping to try out their new Cyberpunk 2077 game.  I assume if they’re just part of Asmodee, we’re only going to see their previously released games and not much of their upcoming stuff.  Pre-pandemic they had a great booth.  They also have a lot of other upcoming games I’d like to try, Masters of the Universe and Trudvang come to mind.

Posted by krayzie hannman

hannman wrote:
I’m mainly asking because I was hoping to try out their new Cyberpunk 2077 game.  I assume if they’re just part of Asmodee, we’re only going to see their previously released games and not much of their upcoming stuff.  Pre-pandemic they had a great booth.  They also have a lot of other upcoming games I’d like to try, Masters of the Universe and Trudvang come to mind.

I am hoping the Asmodee booth will be much better than Origins. All they brought to Origins was clearance crap.

Posted by lore seeker krayzie

krayzie wrote:
hannman wrote:

I am hoping the Asmodee booth will be much better than Origins. All they brought to Origins was clearance crap.

I saw that, but I didn't take a very close look. Was it all out-of-print FFG stuff or something?

Posted by hannman

I figure at this point I need to find a new favorite booth at Gencon this year. CMON’s clearance stuff at the Asmodee booth isn’t going to cut it.  

Posted by kevinrg

I would attend CMON events, but I stopped buying from the booth once Asmodee took over and they stopped doing tickets with each $25 spent to redeem for items.   At that point, it was just buying retail.

Posted by krayzie lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
krayzie wrote:
hannman wrote:

I saw that, but I didn't take a very close look. Was it all out-of-print FFG stuff or something?

It was basically most of the clearance stuff found on asmodee.com. Some of it cost more than the website and some of it was cheaper. They sold most of it pretty quickly though. By Sunday morning there was only one shelf left and they had marked down the prices. They apparently had a local store come in and fill the booth with asmodee inventory to sell as the lady working the booth couldn't tell me the pricing for any of the remaining clearance items and I had to wait for the asmodee rep. The only thing I bought was the zombicide invader doors for $2.50 Sunday morning. They were $5 Thursday morning. I wonder how much they were by Sunday afternoon...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.