Shipping has started!
Posted by mikeboozer

First packets went out on 6/21!

Many more yesterday.

Account holders can check their "My Packets" page to see the status of their shipments!

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer

Reminder that you need to sign for these packets!

Additional reminder to carefully open them as event tickets in particular (If there are just a few) can be missed or attached to your packing list.

Mike

Posted by cinnibar

And you really should after validating the packet stick the entire thing into the luggage you're taking to Gen Con so that you will see it when you start packing in a few weeks and not wonder where you might have put it down for a minute, weeks ago. :)

Posted by del_grande

Anybody else get the dreaded "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility" tracking message? Not too worried; I've had these before - usually it will pop up locally in a couple of days. I only point it out because the original message I got said that it was "expected" to be delivered today - the one day I'm actually home to sign for it.

Posted by mikeboozer

A reminder that if your packet is returned to us we will set it aside for pickup in Will Call.

We do not open it. It lives in the USPS packets Will Call box.

Just let the attendant know that you have a returned USPS packet when you go to to pick it up under your name...and address. That way they do not search through the thousands of Will Call envelopes for it!

Mike

Posted by kertdawg

Here's a recent experience for everyone's education. I moved since the shipment cutoff date. The post office issued an "exception" for forwarding the packet. That means they sent it to another city to get a stamp telling them to forward it. Then, that city's post office will ship it back to the original post office where they will place it in a PO box 15 feet from the person that filed the exception. I was told this is perfectly normal and that it will take a day or two. 

Posted by del_grande del_grande

del_grande wrote:
Anybody else get the dreaded "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility" tracking message? Not too worried; I've had these before - usually it will pop up locally in a couple of days. I only point it out because the original message I got said that it was "expected" to be delivered today - the one day I'm actually home to sign for it.

Just arrived - and while I was at home, too, so I could sign for it, even if the electronic signature pad was acting up a bit (and yes, you do have to sign for it). Time to move on to the next thing to worry about: that my flight won't get canceled...

Posted by hahnarama

Forgot to post this yesterday but who has two thumbs, as well as his event tix and his badge for Gen Con 2022?....   THIS GUY!!

This years badge design left me "blah"

No not sure how helpful the QR code on the back of the badge is for me, I sue the wallet holder, but I do appreciate that the Power that Be remind me to SHOWER  LOL I swear true instruction on the back of the badge

Posted by ndgeekboy

I got a knock on my apartment door at 9am yesterday: The letter carrier with my Gen Con package.

Luckily, I was still awake at that time.

More luckily, I had some pants on.

Posted by nate_lockhart hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
This years badge design left me "blah"

Agreed. They've gotten more and more blah each year for the last few years. Kind of a bummer as I like to keep them and display them all on my bag at the con, but the last few years make it look like I attended an accounting convention. 

Posted by selene314

Tracking status claims that I signed for mine when in fact it was left in my mailbox.

Posted by burrfoot72

Mine says I signed for it at my home 10 minutes ago while I am sitting in my office at work typing this.  :)

Posted by helenbb

Is there someone else at your home who might have signed for it? My husband signed for all of our badges, even though they came in separate envelopes.

Posted by sevenkevin

Picked mine up yesterday from the post office. First time having shipped. Normally just go pick it up at Will call on Wednesday. Going to be strange not having to do that this year. Hope I can get the Covid verification done on Wednesday. Does anyone know if they will be doing it then? Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone at the con have a safe trip.

Posted by mpagnotta310

I spoke with my post office last Saturday to have the package held so I could pick it up.

Tracking said it was out for delivery and I was about to get frustrated, but then it got changed to say it was being held by the post office and waiting for me.

Picked it up at lunch today.

Posted by helenbb sevenkevin

sevenkevin wrote:
Picked mine up yesterday from the post office. First time having shipped. Normally just go pick it up at Will call on Wednesday. Going to be strange not having to do that this year. Hope I can get the Covid verification done on Wednesday. Does anyone know if they will be doing it then? Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone at the con have a safe trip.
Yes, there will be COVID verification on Wednesday.

Posted by quarex

Apparently there will be verification on Monday and Tuesday, too, which makes sense (for vendors and other early-arrivers) and is awesome!

Posted by ndgeekboy

Have the verification hours been announced yet? 

Posted by jpederso

Apparently mine was brought to my door today but since we are all out on vacation, it wasn’t delivered. So what’s the process from here?  Will the post office hold it for a period of time and then send it back?  

Posted by del_grande jpederso

jpederso wrote:Apparently mine was brought to my door today but since we are all out on vacation, it wasn’t delivered. So what’s the process from here?  Will the post office hold it for a period of time and then send it back?  

They "should" have left a note either on your door or in your mailbox, and attempt to deliver it again on Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday). I think they try three times before it is considered "undeliverable"; I am not sure if the local post office then holds onto it for a while or not before sending it back.

You can also go to www.usps.com/redelivery and leave instructions for what to do it it. You will need the tracking number, which you can get from this website (it should be in your "My Packets" page).

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.