What IS your bag - 2022 edition
Posted by donaldbain

We have a thread for what goes in it, but what bag are you carrying around?  I always get a bug around this time to buy a new bag for no real reason besides NEW!  Can I be swayed into getting a new one?

I have a FUL sling backpack for general use, plus one of the plastic mesh shoulder bags they gave out a few years ago for large things.  I also have a mini back for after hour wanderings and late games.

What you got?

Posted by helenbb

I use the Thinkgeek con bag of holding. Unfortunately, they went out of business a couple of years ago (got swallowed up into Gamestop and lost 95% of their product line) so I don't know if they sell it any longer. But this is what it is:

https://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Bag-Holding-Survival-Crossbody/dp/B01ACFHYN8

Posted by brooks

Anything from Saddleback Leather. Yeah, they're pricey (okay really pricey) but they will last literally forever and are close to indestructible. 

Leather Bags | Wallets Backpacks Briefcases Duffle Portfolios |Saddleback (saddlebackleather.com)

Posted by quarex

I have to say, I absolutely love those Saddleback Leather bags, but I feel like I have never owned anything important enough to deserve being placed inside one, hahaha

Also R.I.P. ThinkGeek, the only webpage on the Internet where I got remotely as excited about shopping as I do at Gen-Con

At this point I almost exclusively bring previous years' Gen-Con messenger bags (mostly from Offworld Designs [also R.I.P.] though I am not sure who made last year's VIG bags) or other Exhibit Hall/swag bag bags; I was very excited when I realized I had finally accumulated enough of those that I technically would not need to bring any non-branded bags at all.

I have the one from uhh I think 2015? that looked like this but in a green, though I do have this one too:
https://www.facebook.com/offworlddesigns/posts/the-gen-con-laptop-bag-youve-all-been-waiting-for-gencon-gencon2018-were-just-so/10156238197889054/

Oh basically this color, though this is not that year's bag https://www.ebay.com/itm/383710732967

I think I have three Gen-Con messenger bags, the backpack from last year, and the like insulated lunchbox thing, in addition to the random things like the 2014 Ortus Regni Gen-Con bag or the one they gave out the next year.  Basically I want everything I own to eventually be branded for Gen-Con

Posted by kellishaver

I'm torn between just wearing a simple fanny pack (stylin'!) or bringing my nerd bag, which is a small canvas messenger bag that I've decorated with patches/pins. I'd prefer the look/utility of the nerd bag, but I've had shoulder issues of late that makes the fanny pack more appealing. 

Posted by hahnarama

Great bag, just not big enough to be over loaded.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/197161/mountainsmith-tour-lumbar-pack-105-liters

Posted by lore seeker

Just a backpack. Don't know what brand; it has the letters "ES" on it, but no other corporate logos or anything.

Works great, and I found out when I got caught in a downpour on the last day of Origins that it keeps its contents dry.

Posted by brumcg helenbb

helenbb wrote:I use the Thinkgeek con bag of holding. 

I use the same.  I like that it's a reasonable size so I can't overload it (I have bad/ancient shoulders).

Posted by mu skulls frank

My con bag is a black Maxpedition 9831F Gleneagle Messenger Bag. Just the right size to carry all of my gear and very customizable with velcro covered interior. Sadly, also out of production. 

Posted by armadilloal

This random sling bag I picked up on Amazon about five years ago.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KMMD7PA/

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

For times when I'm not in the Hall Of Wallet-Emptying Temptation, I try to fit everything in one of those badge holders with the pockets, with my trouser pockets as the overflow for dice & so on.

​​​​​

Posted by colbrook

My in-laws have decided that I need a new messenger bag every Christmas, so it will be a Fossil man-bag of some form as they get a locals discount at the Fossile duty-free store.

Posted by kertdawg colbrook

colbrook wrote:
My in-laws have decided that I need a new messenger bag every Christmas, so it will be a Fossil man-bag of some form as they get a locals discount at the Fossile duty-free store.
I envy you. 

Posted by colbrook kertdawg

kertdawg wrote:
colbrook wrote:
I envy you. 
The collection of man-bags or the discount at the Fossil Duty Free store?

Both are admittedly pretty nice.

Posted by raptorov

I have a Zombie Survival Pack messenger bag I got from Zombie Buddy when they were running their LARPs at GenCon several years ago. Its fairly large with lots of space to organize and big enough to put my GenCon messenger bag empty inside.

Posted by kertdawg colbrook

colbrook wrote:
kertdawg wrote:
colbrook wrote:
I envy you. 
The collection of man-bags or the discount at the Fossil Duty Free store?Both are admittedly pretty nice.
Specifically that you have family that gives you bags that could be used for gaming. I believe that you may not know what a gold mine you have. 

Posted by colbrook kertdawg

kertdawg wrote:
colbrook wrote:
kertdawg wrote:
colbrook wrote:
I envy you. 
The collection of man-bags or the discount at the Fossil Duty Free store?Both are admittedly pretty nice.
Specifically that you have family that gives you bags that could be used for gaming. I believe that you may not know what a gold mine you have. 
Oh I know, my in-laws have been really accepting of me. Most of the bags have a laptop pocket so they make really good work bags too (which does mean I wear them out after a while)

Posted by jcirillo1971

For gaming and everyday carry, I use the Synapse 25 from Tom Bihn.  

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/backpacks/products/synapse-25?variant=41334735175869

I can't say enough good things about the bag or any of Tom Bihn's bags or organization accessories.  Its a great product.

Posted by whisper721

I carry an Oakley Kitchen sink... Holds anything I need and then some.  Have carried it for years. Love this thang!!!!
Amazon.com | Oakley Men's Kitchen Sink Black none none | Casual Daypacks

I have my sunglasses, some sanitizer, and basic gaming goodies.   The rest is for what I buy lol

Posted by tinabear81

Usually I use my LL bean backpack I got 10
years ago after the on I got in 96 died in 2012.

It is quite capacious, durable, and the annoyingly bright raspberry color means my groups can usually id my short self in a crowd from behind. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.