When does the room reservations get released to the hotels?
Posted by xanathon

When does the room reservations get sent to the various hotels from the housing portal?  I called the hotel I booked and they cannot find my reservation. 

Posted by brooks

Typically about a week before the convention. 

Posted by colbrook

From the Housing page:

Attendees can modify or cancel room assignments until housing registration closes at 11:59 pm (Eastern) on July 18, 2022 (the “closing date”). After housing registration closes, hotels will download final room assignments from the registration system, charge non-refundable deposits to guest credit cards, and issue hotel reservations confirming the room assignments. Until housing registration closes, the participating hotels will not have record of attendees’ room assignments.

Posted by del_grande

Got an email from my hotel confirming my reservation this morning

Posted by brumcg

We have two rooms at the JW.  One was displaying in the Marriott App this morning.  The other person doesn't have the app and hasn't received an email yet.

Posted by lore seeker

Nothing in my inbox yet.

Posted by dpuck1998

Received both of my room confirmations from the Sheraton today

Posted by mikeboozer

This will depend on your hotel. You should receive a confirmation.

You can call the hotel now to see if they have you entered your information.

Mike 

Posted by austicke mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:You should receive a confirmation.

I didn’t think most hotels emailed a confirmation. Hyatt certainly doesn’t.

But it’s easy enough to see the reservation on my account.

Posted by kertdawg

Here's a tip: Call the hotel or check your account ASAP just to make sure. The JW had the wrong dates for me. I called and asked politely. They described the ordeal required to add dates to that reservation after the cutoff, and then went on to quote the rate for a separate reservation. The monetary difference was significant. I opted for the cheaper additional reservation in the same room.

The morale:  If you are nice to them, they tend to react a little better. 

Posted by swearbear

I called the Conrad and they don't have my reservation, though they said to try back Friday.  Does it normally take that long?

Posted by eldrad12000

Called Crowne plaza. Reservation was confirmed. Huzzah!

Posted by callum.blizzard

Has anyone been able to confirm their reservation at the Hilton Indianapolis? Got in touch today and they still couldn't find our reservation. 

Posted by del_grande callum.blizzard

callum.blizzard wrote:Has anyone been able to confirm their reservation at the Hilton Indianapolis? Got in touch today and they still couldn't find our reservation. 

The one on West Market? That's the hotel that sent me the confirmation email I mentioned above.

Posted by callum.blizzard del_grande

del_grande wrote:
callum.blizzard wrote:Has anyone been able to confirm their reservation at the Hilton Indianapolis? Got in touch today and they still couldn't find our reservation. 

The one on West Market? That's the hotel that sent me the confirmation email I mentioned above.

That's the one... concerning, but we do have our reservation confirmation from Q-Rooms. Will have to get in touch with Q-Rooms overnight - unfortunately us being in Australia makes getting in touch via phone difficult.

Posted by raphael76

My reservations for both the JW and the Courtyard have populated on my marriott account, so definitely moving forward!

Posted by colbrook swearbear

swearbear wrote:
I called the Conrad and they don't have my reservation, though they said to try back Friday.  Does it normally take that long?
I haven't received mine from the Conrad yet either, hopefully tomorrow!

Posted by jimdigris

I'm signed up for the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.  I haven't received an email, but I checked the website and it is listed under the activity tab.  Their website told me that they sent me an email, but I'm not seeing it.  I checked the junk folder.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.