App for Vaccine Verification - Docket
Posted by dericklarson

I have a party member that does not have his physical vaccine card. He does have an app on his phone called Docket that is used in MN (our home state) to track all our vaccinations including COVID.

Is that acceptable for verifying vaccination status?

Posted by donaldbain

Participants can provide proof of vaccination using one of the following approved methods on-site at Gen Con:

• A Government Issued Vaccination Record (paper or photo)
  • CLEAR Health Pass

Posted by dericklarson

Yes. That is what prompted my question. The GenCon website isn’t that specific for apps. So was surprised by the email. 

Posted by mikeboozer dericklarson

dericklarson wrote:
Yes. That is what prompted my question. The GenCon website isn’t that specific for apps. So was surprised by the email. 

If it is used to verify vaccination and is something we do not have to scan then it is acceptable.

Any state issued document is acceptable.

Mike

Posted by paulontz

[This post has been removed]

Posted by klaron mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
dericklarson wrote:

If it is used to verify vaccination and is something we do not have to scan then it is acceptable.Any state issued document is acceptable.
Mike

This is good to know because Colorado uses an app called MyColorado which verifies vaccination records.  I hope the people confirming vaccination status will be prepared for the different state methods of record.

Posted by hahnarama

I'm sorry but in my opinion, which means NOTHING, Gen Con dropped the ball on this one. 

PAX Unplugged used CLEAR. It was so easy. You downloaded the app, selected the event and uploaded your records.Ceal, easy, efficient. 

I wonder how many people will get turned away because they forgot their records, when they could have been accessed by an official app chosen by Gen Con

Posted by agent_duchovny hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
I'm sorry but in my opinion, which means NOTHING, Gen Con dropped the ball on this one. 
PAX Unplugged used CLEAR. It was so easy. You downloaded the app, selected the event and uploaded your records.Ceal, easy, efficient. 
I wonder how many people will get turned away because they forgot their records, when they could have been accessed by an official app chosen by Gen Con
They dropped the ball by accepting CLEAR? What are you talking about?

Posted by kevinrg hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:I wonder how many people will get turned away because they forgot their records

About the same number that forget their badge.

Posted by hahnarama agent_duchovny

agent_duchovny wrote:
hahnarama wrote:

I attended a trade show for work earlier this year. The Convention uses Clear. I had to upload my records first, and after the results were provided to them, only then did they send me my credentials and badge. 

Wed is going to be a nightmare. Whether its looking at physical copies, the real thing or the CLEAR app. 

Posted by squirecam hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
agent_duchovny wrote:
hahnarama wrote:

I attended a trade show for work earlier this year. The Convention uses Clear. I had to upload my records first, and after the results were provided to them, only then did they send me my credentials and badge. Wed is going to be a nightmare. Whether its looking at physical copies, the real thing or the CLEAR app. 

You can still use the clear app. You simply go to the main page and it lists your vaccination dates. It’s not done ahead of time unfortunately but it’s a simple few seconds to navigate to that screen. 

Posted by dericklarson mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
dericklarson wrote:

If it is used to verify vaccination and is something we do not have to scan then it is acceptable.Any state issued document is acceptable.
Mike
Thank you Mike. That helps immensely.

Posted by quarex

Willing to bet my reputation that Wednesday will not, in fact, be a nightmare.

Posted by kevinrg quarex

quarex wrote:
Willing to bet my reputation that Wednesday will not, in fact, be a nightmare.

Unless there is just one booth manned by Tim Conway's the Oldest Man character (I"m dating myself), I'm a pessimist and I can't even come up with a viable way it would be a nightmare.

I believe the most common 'issue' is going to be you need to get the wristband first and people will move from will call line to vaccine line, but that won't slow down the verify line.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.