The longest 12 days
Posted by pinheadjo

I don't know about everyone else...but I know the next 12 days will DDDRRRAAAGGGG.. Have to find something to keep me busy, so I plan to paint figures, build some scenery, make lists of what I want to get at Gen Con...oh...and I will be counting the freakin minutes...LOL

Posted by toxic_rat

For those of us who are still working to prepare event details, the time will fly past too quickly.  :D

But also drag on at the same time. 

Posted by raptorov

I fear it will fly by too quickly. I have to get my lists of stuff together, make sure I don't forget anything. I just found my overnight bag after a month of searching (HOW old is that toothpaste?). I have to remember what even to bring for multi-day hotel stays.
Find my badge holder, get my gaming stuff, do lists and get ready to be off multiple days at work.
Clothes, dice, gear, hall map, hotel confirmations, parking info, vac stuff; yep starting to panic.

Oh, yeah, and where's that duffle bag....?

Posted by david campbell

Eleven… it’s eleven long days now.

So getting better :)

Posted by hahnarama

PLEASE! You're talking about the longest 12 days....let me share MY PAIN

I go into my office a few hours each day. I park DIRECTLY across the street from the ICC. I walk a few blocks take the elevator to my office only to have a huge window looking out at the ICC.

I've decided to work from home all this week to avoid the torture or watching and waiting. :) 

Posted by raptorov

That would be torture all year long.

Plus, no Bee Coffee

Posted by hahnarama

I brew my coffee at home in a French Press :)

Posted by quarex

A new coffee place at least did open up where Bee Coffee was, so for this year at least (and obviously I hope it succeeds) we do have something next door again!

My biggest challenge in waiting is not knowing how many "Gen-Con negative day [x]" Nelly will start her yearly series with, so I have no idea when to be excited to watch her preparation!

Posted by qwaserity

One of the warnings I give new hires is "Don't use upcoming events as a password; it'll drive you insane with the waiting."

I've used passwords like Gencon2021! and Xmas2021! before and eventually EVERY time you type in the password you are driving a little more nuts with the waiting.

Posted by colbrook

8 days until my flight, this is also my first trip off the 25 square mile island I live on since March 202 and I'm looking forwards to it so much

Posted by colbrook

8 days until my flight, this is also my first trip off the 25 square mile island I live on since March 202 and I'm looking forwards to it so much

Posted by mpagnotta310

I’m out of the office for all of next week until August 10th, so for me, the wait ends after Friday. That for me is the difficult part.

Posted by ryric mpagnotta310

mpagnotta310 wrote:
I’m out of the office for all of next week until August 10th, so for me, the wait ends after Friday. That for me is the difficult part.
Me too! Less than 100 hours til vacation!

Posted by kertdawg

I am actually moving later this week. I will move into a new house - on my anniversary - and then have a few days to unpack AND pack again. My family is coming to Gen Con for the first time this year. I can't decide which event I'm more excited about. Luckily, I get all 3.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.