It is ever too early to discuss the weather forecast for the con?
Posted by jimdigris

To put it in simpler terms, the longer the heat of the day, the more evaporation takes place.  The evaporated water condenses as clouds. The hot rising air knocks around the water molecules in clouds, causing the electrons to fall off and gather at the bottom of the clouds.  Their negative charge pushes the electrons on the ground away, giving it a positive charge.  The negatively charged electrons rush down to the ground to get together with the positive charge.  Those electrons are the lightning.

Posted by donaldbain jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
To put it in simpler terms, ...
Sky gods watch game people.  If game people act like jerk, sky gods cry.  No want rain, no be jerk. 

Posted by quarex

Yes!  Sky god punish bad game.  Bow and beg for sky god mercy.  Give many victory points as sacrifice 

Posted by aldctjoc

Well... downside is that Weather.com and Wunderground all predict thunderstorms for Indianapolis Thursday through Saturday. The upside is that the National Weather Service predicts a "mostly sunny" (albeit hot) Saturday, no mention of rain. Plus, they're more specific about Thursday (chance of early tstorms, then "possibly" one after 2pm).

Again, as mentioned earlier in this very thread, it's the forecasts right before the next day that are the most trustworthy. Things can change fast, and have in the past. Here's to hoping.

Posted by hahnarama

Well it is POURING downtown right now...lets hope Indy is getting the rain out of her system so Thur-Sun is at least dry

Posted by yombleflobber

Sorry guys, I just flushed an ice cube down the toilet and recited the ancient invocation for snow, and since it's summer I think I've doomed us all to rainy times.
Mmmmmm, I love rain.

Posted by del_grande

Quick check of tomorrow's weather for my flight...thunderstorms expected to go through Chicago between 4 and 8 PM, which of course is when my connecting flights are scheduled to land and depart

Posted by aldctjoc

Thursday NWS forecast:
"Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 84. North wind 6 to 8 mph becoming south southwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible."

Thursday night: 
"Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9pm. Low around 72. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms."

Posted by aldctjoc

Newest forecast from NWS:

Today
Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 80. South southwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight
Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday
Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. South southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 69. South wind around 6 mph.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.